AutoNotification Replying to a messaging app without a Reply action

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ken Adams, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Ken Adams

Ken Adams New Member

Hello! Love love Auto apps, I have a few set up which keeps my insanity. I use my personal phone with an app called Grasshopper for business calls & texts. Grasshopper is great, but lacks the feature of auto replying to incoming texts when e.g. you're on vacation. So a customer can text me and I wouldn't see it or reply until I return - not so good.

I've tried to follow all of the tutorials to set up the Auto Notification auto reply, but I keep running in to errors. I fear it's because when a Grasshopper SMS text comes in, there is no built-in "Reply" function. To manually reply, I have to go into the app. But I refuse to let this beat me :)

Here's the error I get:
    Intercepted Action not performed. The tasker variable %anreplyaction doesn't have a value.

How could I create an auto reply for the Grasshopper app? This is so crucial to me and my business. If this requires extensive coding I would absolutely be willing to hire someone to do so.

I've attached a screenshot of what an incoming message notification looks like.

Thank you for helping me keep my sanity!

Attached Files:

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

This would only work if your screen is on and unlocked. That would not be ok, right? If that's ok let me know and I'll try to help you out :)

3. Ken Adams

Ken Adams New Member

Thanks for the response! That's pretty neat, but won't work in this circumstance. Thank you so much though!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

No problem. Wish I could help!