AutoInput Samsung Gear S3

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by jackbot, Jul 2, 2019.

1. jackbot

jackbot New Member

right now there's only one app and its not great, most of the time it doesnt work, very slow and it doesnt have 1/3 of the options you usually have in your Auto apps.
    i've been researching it for a couple of hours and there are a lot of people who are actually looking for a way to connect Tasker for Gear S2. so maybe the market for Gear watches is small but i think a lot of people want it, which might justify the work needed for it.
    i'll be more than happy to test things for you as well
    Thanks,
    Shina.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have one of those devices myself, so I wouldn't be able to test it, sorry!

3. Mars Northman

Mars Northman New Member

I would also LOVE having any sort of control options of my watch (Gear S3 Frontier) from my phone. It's so stupid really, how can Samsung NOT realize that controlling your phone with a watch is great (for mobility etc), but having that control be ONE WAY is completely idiotic!

Sure night mode is now available (sort of, it's there but you can't customize what it means as far as I know) but that's NOT enough!

Please PLEASE PLEEEASE create some type of Tasker integration, someone! I would gladly pay 10 times what other "apps" on this thing costs for one that gave you access to all the settings on it and allowed Tasker to control them. It would be the first thing actually worth paying for on this device that was worth the money, even with a 10x higher price than "average" apps on it (9/10 of the average ones are useless so).

4. joaomgcd

Thanks. I hear you :) But without one of these devices for myself it would be almost impossible to do something about it. Maybe someday I can get one and somehow get the time to create a plugin for it.

5. Roger Donegati

Roger Donegati New Member

Hope this dream had't died. There are new samsung watches and the problem with the tasker integration stil reamins :(

6. joaomgcd

Unfortunately I haven't gotten one yet, sorry. But I heard there's now a plugin that works with samsung watches...

: #shina