Solved Screen Overlay setting issue

Discussion in 'Join' started by Sybexi, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Sybexi

Sybexi New Member

Hello,

I just installed Join on my Nexus 6P and when I go to sign in to it it asks me first to allow permissions for contacts and then it shows a message that says:

"Screen overlay detected
    To chane this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from Settings > Apps"

With a button that leads to the specific overlay settings screen. By default it looks like the screen overlay setting for Join is turned one. If I turn it off and back out to the app it then gives me a toast that says "Sorry, without this setting I cannot log you in." I have been unable to get past this screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

"Screen Overlay Detected" message is normally due to an app that has an overlay running over everything. It is a protection feature in Android that you have to turn that app off before you can accept certain things. You need to turn off the app that has the screen overlay active.

Typical screen overlay programs are ones that adjust your brightness, for example Lux or Twilight.

3. Sybexi

Sybexi New Member

Lux was indeed the issue and disabling it did the trick. Thanks!

Dumaru likes this.
  4. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

You're welcome :)

5. juned

juned New Member

To be true Screen Overlay is basic feature used by almost every application.
    Messenger Chat Head, Inbox Messages Preview and Whatsapp Messages Popups are all example of screen overlay feature, so you cant uninstall all application to resolve Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device...
    You just need to manually turn of screen overlay of all applications in your device, Follow following settings to turn off screen overlay of android application:
    > Settings
    >Application Manager
    >Click on Three Dots (Top right corner) & Select Draw Over Other Apps
    >Turn off screen overlay of all apps one by one
    This must solve the issue of screen overlay in your device...
    If this isn't solving then screen overlay issue in your device or you haven't got my answer then refer to below reference:
    how to turn off screen overlay

: bug, settings