AutoInput Swipe'Em All - Clear your Recent Apps 1.1

Create task which clear Android Recent Apps on the fly

1. sretlow

sretlow New Member

What I did is prevent that a app is in the recent app list at the first place. This by making a task "Launch App" and tick the box "Exclude from recent apps". I start the app from the startscreen with a task shortcut.

2. autormali

autormali Member

Clever :)

3. lucifer935

lucifer935 New Member

Hey,
    i am new to tasker .
    i got the version 5.0 installed and there is no option of labels.
    can someone help me with that.
    is there any other way to add labels or do the goto method in a different way?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Do you maybe have to disable beginner mode in Tasker's settings?

5. lucifer935

lucifer935 New Member

Works!

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

7. Fairyguts

Fairyguts New Member

Hello,
    The first version of this worked great until Android updated. I changed my existing task to reflect your updates, but it didn't work. Today, I rebuilt the task from scratch following your updates and I'm still not getting it to work. Everything works until I query the recent apps. When I do a UI Query, there is no data in %aiapp() , %aiid() , or %aitext(). %aitext(#) gives a value of "0" and %aitext(>) gives %aitext0. Using the Click-ID-Field text of "com.android.sytemui:id/button" doesn't result in the Clear All button being clicked. If I use Easy Setup, I get values that don't click Clear All. And I can't get it to click on text or on a point. I'm running Android 8.1.0, Tasker 5.1m, and AutoInput Beta 2.6b. Do you have an alternative I could try?

8. autormali

autormali Member

9. Fairyguts

Fairyguts New Member

That worked great to get the values! Thank you! I was then able to figure out why my variables in the task were empty. But, no matter which method I pick (ID, text, point), I cannot get the AutoInput Click to work on the "CLEAR ALL"... Anyone else with a suggestion?

Edited to add: I did notice that the Clear All text and ID did not always appear in the last item of the array, so my swiping loop would sometimes go on forever. I ended up changing the if statement to if %aitext()!~*clear* which resolved that. Otherwise, no matter which options I use (Easy Select, click by I'd or text) I cannot get this task to click Clear All. Sometimes it chooses an app to open (so something gets clicked!), but most of the time it times out and ends.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  10. Fairyguts

Fairyguts New Member

I can get AutoInput Action to click on the ID "com.android.systemui:id/dismiss_task" but not on ".../button". So I'm going to change the task to do each item one at a time. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know! Thanks for the help.

11. SirLoKi

SirLoKi New Member

Hi there,

I had to insert a 250ms WAIT after opening the recent apps. Otherwise the array has been filled too fast with any values the query has "seen" in this moment. Click by text (Clear all) works best for me!

Cheers,

SirLoKi