Solved Windows 10 Chrome Extension can't receive pushes

Discussion in 'Join' started by skeeterfood, Dec 30, 2015.

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@skeeterfood sorry there's a known issue with the latest android version reporting failures when it's really working. Will fix today.

2. joaomgcd

@jhotmann are you able to check the chrome console by any chance?

3. jhotmann

jhotmann New Member

4. jhotmann

jhotmann New Member

Well I got things working by uninstalling Chrome, deleting its AppData folder, and reinstalling. Totally Chrome's fault, I guess.

5. joaomgcd

ah, great news :) I'll be sure to let other people know how you fixed it.

6. JED

JED New Member

I've run into this same situation - but only on one system. I'd hate to have to completely reinstall Chrome as I unfortunately have an archive of a number of things within extensions that I'd hate to have to try and migrate away. I'm going to fish around and see if there is a less drastic fix.

7. quaff

quaff New Member

I had the same issue. I also deleted my old profile and started a new one, and that ended up allowing me to receive notifications & clipboard syncing on Join for Chrome. I'm curious if this is a result of some kind of cached data from an old version or if it's something else that might repeat itself over time.

8. Gunrr

Gunrr New Member

I ran into the same issue with the Chrome extension. The "Receiving Push from server" and "Receiving Push with GCM key" tests both failed. The troubleshooting options on the FAQ did not work (I did not try reinstalling Chrome, though).

Following quaff's suggestion, I deleted and created a new profile for Chrome (using these instructions: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142059?hl=en) and everything seems to work now.

Unfortunately, recreating the profile does seem to get rid of all extensions (you can back up the data beforehand though, and attempt to migrate it over). This solution is less severe than a full Chrome reinstall, though.

9. Sirtalk8lot

Sirtalk8lot New Member

I too had the same issue with the chrome extension on a window 10 computer. My Windows 7 computer worked just fine. I tried several thing to try to get the extension to work but in the end it was me having to sign out of chrome. and then sign back in. So far so good! as others have said it will remove all your extension but my list wasn't that long so it was all good for me.

10. xavierfox42

xavierfox42 New Member

same issue here.
    • Win 10 Chrome
    • Join on Nexus 5
    passes all tests in diagnostics but no notifications ever show up on my PC.

11. ikjadoon

ikjadoon New Member

Just to check. I just realized: notifications are NOT turned on by default! I thought the app was broken, haha. Did you already go into settings -> notifications -> do everything there? You need to select which apps you want notifications from. The default is 0 / no apps.

12. joaomgcd

13. xavierfox42

xavierfox42 New Member

Nice, thanks! I didn't realize notifications were disabled by default. But is there a way to select all apps?

My goal was to mirror all notifications, like Pushbullet. I dropped Pushbullet for Join since this seems to have much a much better feature set. But I don't feel like checking the boxes of all my 150 or 200 apps. Thank you!

14. joaomgcd

15. xavierfox42

xavierfox42 New Member

Ok, that makes sense. But hopefully as Join becomes more popular you'll be able to support all notifications by default. I know personally that for sure I'm paying for the it once my month trial expires, definitely seems like a worthy Pushbullet replacement.

16. joaomgcd

Thank you very much for your support.

17. dendroidking

dendroidking New Member

Thanks alot, awsome news ;);)

18. JerDmuL

JerDmuL New Member

Also, if you are getting the notifications in Action Center of Win 10, you can re-enable the old notification style. Open Chrome and go to 'chrome://flags' and search for #enable-native-notifications. Disable that and relaunch Chrome and it'll be back to the old way.

19. samh bitter

samh bitter New Member

I have the same problem. It was working on previous version, latest Chrome extension update ( that causing re-login to Chrome on all computers ) seems to broke it.
    Tried to send photo from phone ( Nexus 6P ) to computer. From computer, Chrome opened a new tab, but that's it. No photo or link.

Could Joao revert back Chrome extension update ?

20. joaomgcd

I didn't change the extension in regards to that... What do you get in that new tab that opens?