AutoWear Can I connect / disconnect from a bluetooth device from my watch?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Sean Dudley, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Sean Dudley

Sean Dudley New Member

Hello.. I have my garage door hooked up to a Samsung HM1100 headset. This allows me to connect via bluetooth to it, wait a couple of seconds, and then disconnect, and the garage door will open or close. That works fine in Tasker, but Tasker wants to use the bluetooth in the phone, and I would prefer to use the bluetooth in my Android Wear watch. I can't find any such setting in AutoWear to do this. Is there any current way to use AutoWear, or anything else, to connect, wait, and then disconnect the desired Bluetooth device from my smartwatch?

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no way to do that right now, sorry!

3. Sean Dudley

Sean Dudley New Member

ok, thanks, I was afraid of that. Is this something you might be able to add to a future version of AutoWear?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe, but to be honest I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell for sure. Thanks for the feedback!

5. aa6vh

aa6vh New Member

For now, you could simply invoke the Tasker routine from your watch. That is what I do to function my home automation from the watch.

6. Sean Dudley

Sean Dudley New Member

That doesn't really work for me, though, since my phone won't be near the garage door, it will be out of bluetooth range, so using the bluetooth on my phone would fail. My watch would be right there, so I need to use the bluetooth connection from my watch. I have the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE, so often I have only my watch, and the phone is not near-by. The phone is usually sitting on charge.

7. Sean Dudley

Sean Dudley New Member

ok, thank you. If you could try to get that in there at some point, I'd sure appreciate it.

8. aa6vh

aa6vh New Member

Now understand your situation.

However, I am not sure that AutoWear will ever be able to do what you want. The watch can only be paired to one bluetooth device at a time. If you want to have another bluetooth pair, you have to factory reset your watch. (Real pain if you want to share the watch between two phones.) Don't see that changing soon.

When on the charger, is the phone too far from the garage to establish a bluetooth connection to the opener? (You can communicate from watch to phone via Wifi.)

9. Sean Dudley

Sean Dudley New Member

My watch pairs with my car for hands free calling over bluetooth, and can pair with bluetooth earbuds and that sort of thing, so what I'm wanting to do is no different than that.

Regarding where my phone charges normally, yes, it is on the far opposite side of the house and would be out of range of the garage door openers.