AutoInput Toggle Mobile data on Marshmallow (no root)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by snej81, Apr 24, 2016.

1. snej81

snej81 New Member

Hi,

I try to solve so that i can toggle Mobile data on my S7 edge (marshmallow) with Tasker/Autoinput.

I found this below trick when googeling but this is not for Marshmallow, and when I try the exact same procedure on my phone it doesnt work.. Autoinput opens the ``Notification menu´´ but Mobile data does not toggle.

``I just played around with AutoInput and got it working with that, also, so if you need to go the AutoInput route, you should be able to. What I did was in the task, I selected, "AutoInput Global Action" and then selected "Quick Settings". Then, for the next line, I put in an AutoInput action, type: Text, Value: Mobile data, Action: Click. You can't create the AutoInput Action automatically with the Easy Setup because you can't pull down the Quick Settings with two fingers from the top while you are in that mode, so you can't get to the button to click it. (There is probably another way to get there so you could do it, but you can easily just do it manually.) To do it manually, click +, then select "Plugin", then "AutoInput", then "Action", click the pencil in the upper right, click on, "Field Type", and select, "Text", then click on, "Field Text" and type in, "Mobile data" (be sure to get the case correct), then click on, "Action" and select, "Click", then click on the checkmark, and you're done.´´

https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/2ysi83/toggle_mobile_data_onoff_with_autoinput/

I tried the same procedure for toggling of NFC with Autoinput, and it works.

Is Mobile data toggling not possible with Autoinput on Marshmallow or is it any other way?

Thanks in advance,

/Jens

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe on the S7 you have to use a different text? Does the toggle have some text next to it? Can you show me a screenshot of what it looks like?

3. snej81

snej81 New Member

Thanks for your reply!

I tried some different text under Autoinput Action -> Value. ``Mobile data´´,``Mobil-data´´ and ``Mobildata´´ but nothing works.

Please see following screenshots, its in Swedish but I guess you can understand, most names are the same as in English :)

upload_2016-4-26_15-5-30.png upload_2016-4-26_15-8-24.png
    upload_2016-4-26_15-9-1.png upload_2016-4-26_15-9-13.png

4. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

Try simply data instead of mobil-data. You don't have to use the complete text string in a click action, any unique substring will do.

snej81 likes this.
  5. joaomgcd

snej81 likes this.
  6. snej81

snej81 New Member

7. joaomgcd

Awesome! :)

8. Thearthist

Thearthist New Member

can you please provide a tutorial since i am not familiar with this app? thank you!

9. joaomgcd