Solved Adding new contacts

Discussion in 'Join' started by satyr, May 2, 2016.

1. satyr

satyr New Member

Just started using Join and like it quite a bit. Looking forward to added MMS support.

I did discover an interesting issue today. When adding a new contact on the phone and then trying to refresh the program through the chrome extension, it will delete the contact from my phone after a few minutes. Tried it multiple times and it doesn't work. Essentially, I cannot create any new contacts.

I even tried it this way: opened textra on phone, manually type in number and send a text to it. Join will notice this and will display it in my history via chrome extension. When I go back to my phone and add that number to my contact list, Join does not pick that up via chrome extension--it preserves the original message and the contact number, but does not update with the contact name that was then added to the number. Following, after a few minutes, the name will be removed from my contact list on my phone (message remains, but goes back to showing just the contact number, and the name is gone again).

Anybody else experience this or have any tips? I got it to work by turning SMS off, adding a contact, then turning it back on--but that's somewhat problematic if you get someone's number and don't think to turn off the SMS on Join and then the contact number and name are deleted from your phonebook after a minute or two.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your feedback.

That's very, very weird cause Join never ever changes anything in your contact list, it simply reads from your contacts. Are you sure it isn't an issue with some other app on your phone?

Thanks again

3. satyr

satyr New Member

I've not had the issue before with other forwarding programs (Pushbullet, Yappy), so I don't think it's another app. Oddly enough, the issue seems to have somewhat self-resolved after switching SMS on and off a few times yesterday. While Join on the chrome extension still isn't picking up the new contact name (just shows the phone number, while the name is in my phone's contacts), it has not deleted the newly created contact within my phone.

Thanks for the quick response, and again for the great app!

: Contacts