AutoInput Toggle GPS high accuracy (marshmallow)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by snej81, Apr 27, 2016.

1. snej81

snej81 New Member

Hi again,

I have used a instruction that i found on a blog for toggling GPS to high accuracy when opening Maps. Please see below.

This instruction works like a charm, no problem at all.

BUT i would like to reverse this when closing Maps (or actually when desktop shows again) and turn GPS back to ``low accuracy´´, the setting choosed in the middle (Swedish, sorry).

upload_2016-4-27_20-47-17.png

I am pretty sure this is possible, I am very new to both Tasker and Autoinput so I am still learning (slowly).. My impressions though so far is that Autoinput is an awesome plugin, escpacially for newer Android versions with more limitations for third party applications and for us that dont want to root.

I hope you can help me with this (exit)task :)

Thanks in advance!

/Jens

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad you like the app! :) What are you having trouble with exactly? I can probably help! Let me know, thanks!

3. snej81

snej81 New Member

Thanks, really appreciate the help :)

I would like to create an Exit task for this ``GPS high accuracy´´ Task that I use when opening Google Maps. It sets GPS to High Accuracy whren I open Maps, and I would like to make the GPS automatically go back to the normal setting I use as soon I close Maps/goes back to the Home-page.

This Is is the instruction I use for toggling GPS -> High Accuracy

http://guidecosmos.blogspot.se/2015/03/tasker-how-to-turn-on-gps-to-hgh.html

``Steps:
    1- From Tasker's profiles tab click on (+) ---> application and choose Google Maps (or whichever app you want)
    2- In the Enter Task menu you'll choose New Task, for the name you can type in something indicative for example "Turn GPS ON"
    3- Click on the (+) ---> Settings---> Location settings
    4- Click (+) next to If and type AON next to the % sign to make it %AON , choose doesn't equal and in the value field type 1
    5- Go back and click (+) --->Task---> wait ---> 1 second and repeat step 4
    6-Go back and click (+) ----> plugin---> Autoinput--->action---> the small pencil symbol next to configuration--->easy setup ---> close---> navigate to location settings ----> expand status bar---->click on add where it says selecting field ---> click on mode ----> choose accept from selected field---> choose tasker from recent apps when prompted---->select "element text: mode"---> select click"---> click the checkmark on the top right----> repeat step 4
    7- Go back and click (+) --->Task---> wait ---> 5 millisecond and repeat step 4
    8- Go back and click (+) ----> plugin---> Autoinput--->action---> the small pencil symbol next to configuration--->easy setup ---> close---> navigate to location settings ----> click on "mode"--->expand status bar---->click on "add" where it says selecting field ---> click on "High Accuracy" ----> choose accept from selected field---> choose Tasker from recent apps when prompted---->select "element text: High Accuracy"---> select click"---> click the check-mark on the top right----> repeat step 4
    9- Go back and click (+) ----> variables---> variable set---> in the name field type "%AON ----> in the to field type 1
    10- Go back and click (+) ---->app---> launch app--->choose Google maps (or whichever app you want)
    11- Go back and click (+) ----> task---> wait----> 20 seconds
    12- Go back and click (+) ----> variables---> variable set---> in the name field type "%AON ----> in the to field type 2´´

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  4. joaomgcd

Thank you. But what I meant is: what have you tried? What isn't working for you when you tried? thanks again

5. snej81

snej81 New Member

Ahh, sorry..

Well, I thought that maybe I could ``copy´´ the Task and just change some of the actions and use it to shut the GPS off again.

My idea was to change step No.8 in the list and click on ``Wi-fi och Mobilnät´´ instead of ``GPS, Wi-fi och mobilnät´´, that would shut off the GPS High accuracy again. And also to change step No.10 to ``Go Home´´ instead of opening Maps.

But that didnt work, as I could imagine since there are a lot of steps and variables in the Task that to be honest I dont understand what they exactly do. This was the best I could come up with, as i said, I am a beginner...

Thanks a lot.

/Jens

6. snej81

snej81 New Member

UPDATE!

I acutally solved this on my own :)

What I did is pretty much what I wrote above, reversed the ``enable high accuracy GPS´´ Task. But since it didnt work just choosing the text to click ``Wi-fi och Mobilnät´´, I also put in ``Nearby text´´. Then it worked!

So now when I open Maps, high accuracy GPS enables and when I close Maps (or go to another page/app) my original GPS/Wifi settings enables again. Perfect!

7. joaomgcd

Awesome! :D Glad you got it!

8. revitupmx5

revitupmx5 New Member

Problem.
    6- --->click on mode
    --->select "element text: mode"

I don't see this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. ArgusMcJohnsten

ArgusMcJohnsten New Member

Trying to get it to set to high accuracy, but a few questions/issues.
    1) I followed the instructions from the first post, I think accurately, but it only brings up the location settings screen, doesn't select high accuracy.
    2) Do I have to set up a new task for every app? I would like to keep location set to battery saving, or even off, except when opening certain apps, then have it high accuracy. Setting this up 10 times seems a bit excessive.

Thanks

10. joaomgcd