AutoInput Switch Between Any Watchface Automatically 1.4

Task that switches your watch face and selects one of your favorites

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I added something to the next version of AutoInput that will make you not need the wait :)

I use a Nexus 6 and a Moto 360.

2. nightfishing

nightfishing New Member

scrolling works if the face is BELOW the current section of the screen but seems to hang if the selected face is ABOVE the visible part of the screen.

3. joaomgcd

I thought it always started at the beginning :) When does it not? When the selected watch face is one from the bottom?

4. nightfishing

nightfishing New Member

Only time would be if the screen was already opened and "scrolled" to the bottom. Not a common occurrence, but if I switched faces manually in between the task running it has happened.

5. joaomgcd

6. joaomgcd

I see. Check out the update :) Let me know if it works now.

7. abbychauhan

abbychauhan New Member

Hi Mr @joaomgcd thats great Task u did, really appriciate but my problem is that it wont work if my phone is locked. As My profile would be Location Based as I reach office it should select my required watchface as per location. But if phone is locked and in my pocket it doesn't changes the watchface, as it should unlock the phone and do its Job and Lock it again. Kindly help. Thanks in Advance

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. joaomgcd

Do you have lockscreen security like a pin for example? For security reasons Tasker (or any app) isn't able to unlock your screen if you have a secure lock screen.

abbychauhan likes this.
  9. abbychauhan

abbychauhan New Member

I have Pattern to Unlock Secure Screen.
    Also I am using ur AutoWear App, i have a kind request please add the Function to Change Desired Watchface in the App.
    Thanks in advance

10. joaomgcd

It won't work with a pattern lock secure screen, sorry!

Also, I would very much like to create that feature, but there's no way to do it, so that's why I needed to create this workaround :)

abbychauhan likes this.
  11. phorensyc

phorensyc New Member

Well this is a bummer. It seems that watchface switcher has stopped working for me. My trigger is for it to go off every day at a certain time, but if my screen is off, it gets stuck on the main screen of the Android Wear app. I have a flip cover with a window in it on my Note3, and when the cover is opened, the phone detects it and turns the device on. The screen can be seen through the window. The cover is called an S-View, and is a product of Samsung. I think this may be part of the problem; although back when it was working, I also had the flip cover. The only difference is that now I have a third party app that allows me to modify the appearance of the screen when the cover is closed. This flip cover interferes with the functioning of AutoWear as well. I have assigned a task to a button on my LG G watch with AutoWear so that when I flick the icon upwards, it opens MyFitnessPal and looks up how many calories I have left to eat for the day. It then displays this value on the watch. It only works when my flip cover is open and the device is on, which kind of defeats the purpose. If the cover is closed, and/or the screen is off, the tasker task stops once it opens MyFitnessPal. Do you have any idea thoughts on how I can get tasker to bypass the S-View flip cover lock screen? This lock screen clears itself when the phone detects that the cover is open so if I was able to trick the phone into thinking the cover was open, I think this would fix the problem.

12. joaomgcd

If you uninstall that third party app you mention, does it work again?

13. phorensyc

phorensyc New Member

No, it still hangs up on the android wear screen for the "Switch Watch Face" task, and gets hung up on the My Fitness Pal screen in the "Calories" task

14. ariefun123

ariefun123 New Member

I don't know if the creator of this task is still here, but, the task doesn't work anymore.
    I think google must have changed the app a bit. What the task does now, is, it opens the watch face
    list, and then it selects a watch face, but it clicks on the settings of that watch face (the top right corner).
    After that it closes the app. So what you would need to change is the position of where the task
    will click the watch face (the middle or something like that). I have no idea how to make tasks, I'm a noob.

So yeahh...

It would be awesome if you could fix that.

15. ariefun123

ariefun123 New Member

I have looked into it, and I think it is very hard to let the task click on a position for for example 5 different watch faces.
    But what you could do (I repeat I am a noob at this so this could be way harder to do then I think it is) is, to let the task ,instead of clicking the watch_face_button, click the settings icon (where it is click already at the moment) and then add another click, that clicks the Set on watch button (because you can click that once you have clicked the settings button (the three dots on the top right corner of the frame of the watch face).

I don't know the ID's of those buttons, and I have no idea how to find them so I don't think I'm able to edit that myself.

16. joaomgcd

I'm actually the creator of the task :) Let me know if you figure it out, thanks!

17. Gadgety

Gadgety New Member

I'm new to this, only have Tasker. So does this task not work anymore?

18. maurizio53

maurizio53 New Member

It doesn't work also on my side... Il and that's a really a pity... Anyone has this task working? I have a Moto 360 2014 and a note 3

19. joaomgcd

20. maurizio53

maurizio53 New Member

It doesn't work on my environment, maybe I use Italian language? Is this profile English only? My android wear app doesn't have "settings" or "watch faces" entries so I am forced to change them in Italian? But to do that I need to know WHERE to change them.