Are Google Play Services Required for AutoApps?

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by TRS-80, Apr 11, 2016.

1. TRS-80

TRS-80 New Member

I think I have just about had it with Google. They are just getting to be too much. I haven't done it yet, but I am seriously looking into completely removing all Google services from my phone, and using instead free and open source alternatives.

There are a few applications I really do like, and it would be unfortunate if I had to live without them, and so I am doing some more research before I make that leap. AutoApps (and Tasker) are definitely in this category.

I know that some apps build on the functionality that Google provides in Play Services, for example I know that AutoRemote uses some sort of Google back end to send the messages. And so, I wanted to ask, what functionality (if any) would I be losing if I were to completely uninstall all Google services from my phone?

I plan on making another post on Tasker forums, as this sort information can be hard to come by, and therefore I would like to get it straight from the horse (developer)'s mouth, so to speak. :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately AutoApps relies heavily on Google. For example, to unlock the apps you'll need Google Play Store at least. Sorry!

3. KittyTheSnowCat

KittyTheSnowCat New Member

You can download apps you bought over raccoon and send them to your phone.the apps i have this way work fine. I have CyanogenMod 12 without Gapps but with micro G. However the apps you have access too like this are limited. I can use autonotification because I own a autonotification pro key, sadly the other autoapp i use a lot: autoinput, only has the option to unlock it over autoapps, not without a seperate key, so that does not work. Also i have no access to the alpha apps.

4. KittyTheSnowCat

KittyTheSnowCat New Member

Actually I have to correct this, even though i do have the Unlock key for Autonotification I cannot get it to unlock. So basically i guess my time with AutoApps is over.. That is sad..