AutoInput Smart lock's swipe to unlock

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Jorge, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Jorge

Jorge New Member

I saw the info at http://joaoapps.com/autoinput/faq/ and I have a doubt: When I use smart lock (Lollipop 5.1) and I'm near a trusted bluetooth, I only need to swipe the lock screen. Is it possible to unlock the device with autoinput?

Thanks and regards,

Jorge

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, in the latest beta of AutoInput it will be possible to unlock even in that situation. Try it out here

3. Thahim

Thahim Member

I'm using secure settings with tasker to disable lock screen when my phone is connected to home WiFi.

4. Jorge

Jorge New Member

Thanks @joaomgcd. It works smoothly!

@Thahim I was going to use Secure Settings Keyguard option but it says that the option is disabled in my Android version (Lollipop 5.1) and it is highly recommended not to use this feature, but thanks for the approach!

5. Thahim

Thahim Member

For this to work you will have to grant it root access and accessibility settings.

6. Jorge

Jorge New Member

That's the problem. The mobile is not rooted

7. R.Muralidhar

R.Muralidhar New Member

I downloaded the beta autoinput and when trying it is not performing the unlock. It just wakes the devices and then just stays. I am trying this on a Note 4 Edge

Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  8. joaomgcd

Did you download it from the link? Turns out I don't think I've uploaded that version to beta yet :D

9. R.Muralidhar

R.Muralidhar New Member

Yes, I downloaded from the link. Please let me know when will beta version be ready

10. Jorge

Jorge New Member

I think I talked too soon. It doesn't work so smoothly all the time. It worked perfectly about 5 times.

Once, it has left the device without the keyguard. The screen was going off but no lock. It didn't care if I locked it manually with the power button, with taskers System lock setting keyguard on or with Greenify's hibernate apps and lock option. When I pressed the power button back, the home screen appeared. The only option I had to lock was to reboot it.

In other ocassion, the screen remained black like the one at https://code.google.com/p/android/i...ck&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars
    The only solution again was to reboot the device.

I cannot say if there was any particular condition each time, but if you tell me something I have to observe, I can try to provide some information if it happens again.

Thanks and regards,

Jorge

11. joaomgcd

@Jorge the unlock action effectively unlocks the screen, so the lock isn't present anymore. :) You need to re-lock it at the end of the Task with the Tasker "System Lock" action.

I'll add a note in AutoInput to alert the user of this. Thanks!

12. Thahim

Thahim Member

Not working on note 3.

13. Jorge

Jorge New Member

@joaomgcd I've had already tried with "System Lock" but it didin't work for me. The only alternative I found at the moment is rebooting. I have a Nexus 4 with Android 5.1.

I've observed that whenever an Autoinput action such as "click in a preference list item" is invoked while the device is locked, it will unlock it (there is no need to invoke "Autoinput Unlock Screen" manually and it will unlock the device even if it is PIN protected). I suppose that this is correct and I'm happy with it. In the normal operation, after performing the Autoinput action, the device locking system behaves correctly: if the timeout I've configured in Android to lock the device goes off, it gets locked. If I press the power button, it will get locked perfectly.

However, the problem appears if the screen goes off right before the moment where "click in a preference list item" is invoked, but the screen is not locked yet: Autoinput turns the screen on and removes the unexistent lock. As I said, Tasker's "System Lock" doesn't get the lock screen back, neither does setting "Keyguard on", nor pressing the power button. The only option is to reboot.

I've received an update today for Autoinput and the problem still exists.

I hope I've explained it correctly, but if you have any doubts, tell me.

Thanks and regards,

Jorge

14. joaomgcd

Hi @Jorge could you please explain in further detail how the screen turns off right before AutoInput clicks an item? Do you mean that sometimes it happens by chance?

15. Jorge

Jorge New Member

Yeah @joaomgcd. That's a longer story:

I have two tasks that I activate through NFC. One when I go to sleep and the other when I wake up.

When I go to bed, among other things, I disable the data connection and the GPS with Autoinput (because since I'm not root, I cannot do it other way). When I wake up, as you can imagine, I enable them.

To activate them, I turn on the screen with the power button (and keep the device locked), an then read the (trusted) NFC tag. But the device wasn't being unlocked. Some time later I realized that it would work if I put a "tasker wait" (before the Autoinput action) with enough time for the screen to be turned off.

So I put a 7 seconds wait, the screen went off and yeah! it worked! Since that, it always worked. I don't know the reason but it seemed that the "Screen Unlock" was trying to unlock when the screen was on, but it couldn't.

So now it works when the device is locked, but when I activate the task with the device unlocked, it happens what I told you in the previous post; the task works perfectly but the device won't get locked again.

I did another test with a longer timeout so my Nexus got locked before the Autoinput action started. I tried with 50 seconds to have plenty of time. It worked perfectly.

Regards,

Jorge

16. thekow

thekow New Member

Hi i am SUPER new to tasker and AutoInput. I have that dreaded initial swipe screen. Where you have to SWIPE up (with the little pad lock) to get to the unlock pattern. What i want to do is ON boot auto swipe that screen so it can go directly to the home screen when powered on in the car. Is it possible with this. Does tasker LOAD before the initial lock screen comes up? Any help with the config /recipe on how i would be able to do this? I have been fiddling with it without success right now but i'll continue to try.

Sorry Super noob here.

17. smokeyjones

smokeyjones New Member

Did anyone manage to solve this? I need to simulate the swipe but can't work out how at the moment.

: smart lock