AutoTools Trailing space in selected apps list via AutoTools

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Rob van Brunschot, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Rob van Brunschot

Rob van Brunschot New Member

Hi Joao,

When I select multiple apps via AutoTools Dialog, the function seems to add one space at the end of the last value in the returning array. I use the idea, given via admitted project (http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/app-selection-dialog.145/ ).
    It is not a big deal but somewhat annoying when this value is used for copying as <value>.png, with a space it does not work.
    I have overcome this by first trimming spaces in the array but it seems a small flow in the program.

Regards, Rob

2. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan Member

I must have read your mind :)
    I just posted an update with a multiple selection option. It doesn't seem to have the issue you describe here. Could you check it out and see if it solves the problem?

3. Rob van Brunschot

Rob van Brunschot New Member

I just tried again and have the following findings.
    • When just multiple apps are selected, no trailing space is added so this works out Okee
    • When I include the last app in de dialog in my selection, there is one space added to the list !
    • Also I see that the icon for the last app is the icon of AutoTools, NOT the app icon !
      My last app in the list is 'gReader', this starts with a small letter, not caps.
      I do not know if this has anything to do with this issue.
    regards, Rob

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan Member

This is definitely a bug in AutoTools. The last item in every array is always returned with an extra space. This is also why the last item doesn't have its icon. AutoTools displays them at runtime, but because the last item in %alicons has an extra space it doesn't match the path exactly.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  5. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan Member

Posted an update that removes the extra spaces. I can't fix the icon issue, that's up to the developer. :(

6. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan Member

Turns out that this was my error. :oops: I didn't notice that my keyboard (SwiftKey) had put these extra spaces in. Both the icon issue and the extra space issue fixed in the latest release.