AutoVoice Suppress TTS On Prompt?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Starf1337, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

Been using AutoVoice for a long time, and I positively love it. Lately, however, it has been getting me pretty miffed. Anytime Tasker used the TTS engine when AutoVoice was prompting for speech, it made the prompt cancel. Sometimes I had to try speaking five or six times before getting it to work. So I made a central say task that checks %WIN for the prompt and waits for it to go away before speaking. It works, but Tasker sometimes takes 2-3 minutes to realize that AutoVoice is no longer prompting. So if I say, "forward power debugging" to start sending power levels to another droid while my main is charging, it works but it takes several minutes. Is this just my device or should I make a feature request? It just seems natural to me that an app that takes speech in would be aware of speech going out. Am I just a moron?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

There's no inherent connection between Tasker's "Say" action and android's voice input dialog.
    But how would it work if it weren't interrupted anyway? :) The voice input dialog would listen to what Tasker was saying and take that as recognized text, right? How did you expect it to work?

3. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

Most of my profiles are configured such that a few words from the TTS would not affect its efficacy. I have hundreds and hundreds of AutoVoice profiles. Some can be lengthy. So for example, I slide the home button to pop up AutoVoice input and say, "Netflix, switch to kimi's profile remove voyager from the queue and then play deep space nine." It is irritating that I get all the way to the end and "doo doo" (input interrupted). My AutoInput tasks are 100% modular and dynamic in nature. Without touching my device, I can navigate apps, type things, and interact with just about anything using just my voice. Mostly thanks to AutoVoice+AutoInput, but about 20% of that is my own custom plugins made with AIDE that allow me to interact with unnamed and unindexed elements. All I want is to be able to prompt for voice input without having to call it up six or seven times. I started making widgets and scenes to control things I used to do with voice because it is so annoying. But I have fixed the problem since I posted, but AutoVoice, or rather Google's voice input component, still cancels at weird times. Imagine Star Trek, where they say "Computer.. [Beep]... run a level 5 diagnostic. [ACK Beep]" but instead it went like this: "Computer... [Beep]... run a le[ERR Beep Beep]." That would be a piece of crap starship computer. That is how I wanted it to behave. But again, I fixed it with extensive tweaks and a new service made in AIDE. Thanks anyway.

4. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

To clarify, it would be nice if Tasker would wait for any Voice Input to complete before calling the tts engine. In other words, it wait for me to finish talking before blurting something out and making me start over. But Tasker is Pent's domain, so maybe I should have posted there. Thanks for AutoApps, and keep up the good work :D

: AutoVoice, TTS