AutoVoice My home automation setup, working in Harmony with AutoVoice

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by BenGmuN, Feb 9, 2016.

1. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share what I've been working on with AutoVoice, AutoInput and AutoSpotify :)

ajmburke likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Awesome :D That's a great video, thanks for sharing!

3. Nicolas_Lahaye

Nicolas_Lahaye New Member

That's awesome ! My house is going to be like that someday :) may I ask : what do you use to turn your TV on ? :) does your phone have an IR blaster ? Or is it some app ?

Sent from my sweet bacon !

4. Jonathan2410

Jonathan2410 New Member

Hi Ben,

Very impressive, I only started dabbling with Tasker, Autocast, autovoice etc a few weeks ago, and have managed to get some routines to work. However, did I notice correctly that your TV stayed on HDMI3 for the television program, playstation and xbox? If that is correct, are all the various devices casting to a chromecast?

Being a coffee junkie, the kettle was also very impressive, is this just a "normal" kettle, or is it controlled by some form of smart switch like for example a smartthing outlet switch?

Once again, very impressed with your work,
    JC

5. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Oh man, I'm so sorry for not having responded until now - I totally missed the replies to this thread!

I have a Logitech Harmony hub - a device that connects to my WiFi and emits IR and Bluetooth commands. :)

leopoldram781 and Nicolas_Lahaye like this.
  6. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Apologies for leaving your questions unanswered for so long - I somehow missed your replies to this thread!

So, my DVR, PlayStation, XBox, Nintendo and PC are all connected to an Onkyo home cinema receiver (AVR) via HDMI - not directly to the TV. I then output from the AVR to the TV, into HDMI 3 (I'm using HDMI 3 as it's the one that supports HDMI-CEC and ARC). So the TV just stays on HDMI 3 all the time - all the switching is done on the home cinema receiver. The receiver has two HDMI outputs, one that goes to the 'main' TV, another that goes to a splitter and then on to the kitchen TV, office TV and bedroom TV.

The Kettle is a 'Smarter' WiFi Kettle - the base station has WiFi, and it can be controlled via Telnet, which I'm achieving here using the Send/Expect plugin for Tasker :)

leopoldram781 and Nicolas_Lahaye like this.
  7. thekow

thekow New Member

Awesome Mate! One day i will do the same? So all commands do to the harmony hub and not a PC anywhere?

leopoldram781 likes this.
  8. Knight240

Knight240 New Member

Hey Ben. I've been trying to figure out how you were able to add the 2nd command of the desired temperature of the kettle.
    I'm trying to play movies to a specific room. I would like to say
    "play Forrest gump"
    Have Tasker ask me- "which room"
    I say -"bedroom"
    Then have Tasker perform the first command using the new room variable

Can u help?

9. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Hi Knight240,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you!

To get the Kettle to prompt for the desired temperature, I've just added a step in my task to perform another Say command ("Any particular temperature" and then an AutoVoice Recognise. Then, after the AutoVoice Recognise, I have multiple Send/Expect steps that send the commands to the kettle - each one has a condition based on the value of %avcomm for example, the step I want to execute if I ask for 100 degrees will only run if the value of %avcomm matches 100.

So, for your setup, I would have the same step copied/pasted then modified for each of your different rooms, and condition each step based based on %avcomm matching the room name.

Hope this helps!

10. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Thanks! No, no PC used at all to achieve this. Just Tasker/AutoVoice with the 'Harmony Tasker Plug-in' :)