AutoRemote Android device intermittently stops receiving AutoRemote messages

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by BenGmuN, Oct 13, 2016.

1. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Hey Joao et al,

My non-rooted Sony Xperia Z1 sometimes fails to receive AutoRemote messages from EventGhost or my other Android device (Xperia Z3). When this issue occurs, I see absolutely nothing in the AR logs on the Xperia Z1, but the outbound logs on the 'sending' device suggests the message was sent successfully.

Rebooting the Z1 seems to resolve the issue until next time.

The Z1 is permanently plugged in to a charging dock with the screen permanently on. It lives by my TV, about 1.5m away from my wireless router. It has no SIM card, it connects only to WiFi (I just use it to run Tasker and execute my home automation plugins locally within my home WiFi when I am away from home). I have not forwarded port 1818 to the phone, as I am using EventGhost/DDNS, and have forwarded 1818 to my PC instead.

I have installed the 'Push Notifications Fixer' and have done some Googling before writing this post. I found an AutoRemote FAQ entitled 'My Android device has stopped receiving messages!', and it recommends hitting the 'Refresh AutoRemote' option in the app settings - I don't see this option? Is it still there? Can I automate this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If it stops receiving messages periodically then that means that something on your system may be preventing AutoRemote from running in the background. Do you know if something on your device might be doing that?

3. BenGmuN

BenGmuN New Member

Thanks Joao. I'll look in to it. Aside from the factory Sony Xperia apps, there's not much installed other than my home automation apps - Hue, Harmony, LightwaveRF and of course Tasker and multiple AutoApps.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe try using Join and see if that has the same issue?