AutoInput screenshot - get pixel color trouble

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Exilereven, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Exilereven

Exilereven New Member

I'm trying to use the screen shot feature to get pixel color, but with the game I am using, everytime I try to screenshot with autoinput it restarts the game and reload me back in, so it's always a black screen which is not helping me lol. Any ideas on why the app or autoinput w poo uld be causing this?

Running 5.0.1 lollipop
    GNote 3

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that's not something I can control. AutoInput has to bring up an Android activity when it starts video capturing and that's probably making the game reload.. Sorry!

3. Exilereven

Exilereven New Member

Thank you for quick response. Possibly point me in the right direction? Like maybe creating an android app via java to overlay and intercept pixels on screen? Or where can I go to learn more. Would it do the same thing if I used java robot? Or add she'll commands for screen cap. I was just using autoinput cause of the ease and speed of your capabilities.

4. joaomgcd

It would be the same situation if you used a Java app. Unless your device is rooted there's no way to get a screen capture without launching the app first... Sorry!

5. Exilereven

Exilereven New Member

I am rooted....

6. joaomgcd

Ok, then use the "Capture Screen" option in the AutoInput Root action :) I think that will work.

7. Exilereven

Exilereven New Member

Omg....I didn't even notice the root option. I feel like an idiot, but thank you very much for the quick and accurate response. It works perfect using root screen capture.

8. joaomgcd

Awesome! :)

9. Exilereven

Exilereven New Member

Ok, I got the root screencap to work setting the screen cap file path to screencap.png, creates file perfect. Now, how do I get pixel color from it like with your unrooted option?