AutoRemote Can't send message over Wifi to ANY device

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by skribb, Oct 12, 2016.

1. skribb

skribb Member

I have Eventghost and use autoremote to send messages to three different android devices.

One of these devices have been wonky all along, but the two others have been able to receive wifi messages from EG. But today nothing works. None of the local IP's are reachable

16:33:03 800: Couldn't make request via local network: <urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I have set the autoremote wifi service to "persistent" and "keep awake" on all devices, I have set static IPs on all devices, reserved the IPs in DHCP in my router, specified the 1817 port in my router to be allowed on all devices, double checked the IP and port numbers in Eventghost..... I am stumped!

It' cant be the wifi itself, all devices are able to send messages TO eventghost, and also surf the web.

The only thing I can think of is that it's something in Autoremote, or something in my router.... but again, I'm stumped o_O

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you access the device's IP address from a browser?

3. skribb

skribb Member

Do you mean just going to http://192.168.0.101? Nope, none of the android devices can be reached via browser that way

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  4. joaomgcd

sorry, I meant with the 1817 port in the URL :)

5. skribb

skribb Member

I get this:

Bad Request

6. joaomgcd

7. skribb

skribb Member

Wow, I actually got the ResponseBasic message!

... But then I tried visiting the same URL again after just a few seconds and now it's completely dead. I don't even get "Bad request" now.

There's gotta be something fishy about my router... or the way I set it up... I can ping my LIFX bulb no problem but all my android devices give:
    "Reply from 192.168.0.104: Destination host unreachable." (.104 is the Windows PC i'm pinging from)

8. skribb

skribb Member

This might be related to the issue, sO i'm gonna post it here.
    I just tried doing a wifi test message FORM autoremote TO eventghost (normally this works without a problem) and I just got a weird error log I've never seen before:

22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: configchannel: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: collapsekey: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: config_message_recipient_name: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: target: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: configttl: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: Files: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle key: passwordSendmessage: replace <null> String value with null
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: passwordSendmessage: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: extra key not found in bundle:configdevicetype
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: configttl: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: configchannel: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: collapsekey: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: config_message_recipient_name: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: Files: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: target: ignored replacement specified for null value
    22.04.16/ActionArgBundle AutoRemote Message: extra key not found in bundle:RedirecttoPort
    22.04.16/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoRemote Message / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 13 bundle keys
    22.04.16/E AutoRemote Message: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoremote/com.joaomgcd.autoremote.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverSendMessage
    22.04.16/E add wait type Plugin1 time 200
    22.04.16/E add wait type Plugin1 done

And at the same time, this is what pops up in EG's log:
    [​IMG]

thanks again, I hope this can be of use for troubleshooting this or any other apache related issue

9. skribb

skribb Member

the last week I haven't had any problems with Autoremote wifi service..... Maybe because I "keep it running" by sending a Wifi message to Autoremote from my Eventghost every 10 minutes to keep it alive. Who knows.