AutoTools Change input keyboard depending on situation

Set voice typing keyboard if the phone is on the table or normal keyboard if you pick up the phone

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Change input keyboard depending on situation - Set voice typing keyboard if the phone is on the table or normal keyboard if you pick up the phone

Read more about this project...

2. snej81

snej81 New Member

I give this a 5 star first but because of the sensitivity of the orientation sensor it doesn't work flawless, if I hold the phone tilted the phone changes to ``face up´´ even if its only 80% flat (tilted 20% in my hand). It would be great if you could use the heartbeat sensor or camera as well to sense if the phone is laying on a table or if its dark. But I dont know if thats possible?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. joaomgcd

snej81 likes this.
  4. snej81

snej81 New Member

5. joaomgcd

Awesome! :)

6. cadarn07

cadarn07 New Member

I want to change keyboards when tasker is running but the tasker app doesn't appear in the app selection list. I know you're not the tasker dev but do you know why this is and if there's a way around it?

7. soder

soder New Member

About finding out the exact orientation in this thread, how am I suppose to change the first guide with the updated info from the thread with the better method?

In the other thread, the screen on was a trigger, and in this first guide, the face up was the trigger. But since the "face up" is better substituted with another method, I don't know how to trigger it..

Thanks.

/Söder

8. snej81

snej81 New Member

[​IMG]

This is how i did, used Display orientation "face up" from the original tutorial as trigger. It seems to work as i want it to now, but the sensor that gets the orientation of the phone is some what slow, does not respond as fast as i would like to changed orientation of the phone.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

9. snej81

snej81 New Member

The sensor in my phone (S7 edge) that sense which orientation the phone is held is responding very slow I have noticed, if I move the phone from laying flat (90 degrees) to standing up (0 degrees) it does not go from 90 -> 0 directly, it takes small steps - 90, 86, 82, 78, 72, 68 and so on down to 0 (I checked this by running the task over and over when turning the phone slowly).

This makes the keyboard change quite slow and also it wont response quick enough if I go from 90 degrees -> 40 and then directly back from 40 -> 90.. I didn't think so much of this in the beginning but the more I use it the more this bothers me.

Do you have any idea how to solve this @joaomgcd ?

10. joaomgcd

unfortunately I don't @snej81 . If you just use a flash action in this profile instead of changing the keyboard, does the flash take a long time to appear as well?

11. scotts

scotts Member

I notice this does not work in every instance. For example, if composing a new SMS, voice keyboard pops up great. However, my normal keyboard pops up when composing a new email in gmail app or when opening Google app to conduct a search.

12. Ngv1

Ngv1 New Member

Am I doing something wrong here?

Just started the trial version before committing. It flashes the messages at the bottom but keyboard doesn't change

19.42.35/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoTools Secure Settings / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 6 bundle keys
    19.42.35/E AutoTools Secure Settings: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autotools/com.joaomgcd.autotools.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire
    19.42.35/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
    19.42.35/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    19.42.35/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
    19.42.35/E pending result code
    19.42.35/E add wait task
    19.42.35/E Error: 16325251
    19.42.35/E App locked. Please start the trial or unlock the full version

13. joaomgcd

Did you maybe just start the Tasker trial and not the AutoTools trial?