AutoRemote When transferring files between AR and EventGhost via Google Drive, is it possible to overwrite?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ronny, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Ronny

Ronny New Member

Sorry about the awkwardly worded title. I hit the max limit.

I've got some Tasker profiles that rely on communication with EventGhost. Some of this includes passing .txt-files back and forth. Sometimes these files end up on Google Drive. This is fine in itsself, but I recently discovered that my simple profiles have amassed thousands of files on my Drive! This is completely unecessary, as the .txts only contain a few lines of text only interesting in its most recent state.

At this point you may wonder why I don't pass along the text in an AutoRemote message instead of in a file. This is because, on the EventGhost end, the .txt is saved in a certain folder (and overwrites the previous version as intended), and the .txt is read and displayed by a RainMeter desktop widget. I assume it's still possible to pass this information in plain text, and then have EventGhost edit the existing file - but I simply don't have the required skills to achieve this.

Brief summary: When sharing file X between AutoRemote and EventGhost via Google Drive, I want it to overwrite the previous version of the file instead of creating a new file every single time.

Any and all help highly appreciated!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, that's not possible right now. For now the file is always sent as a new file. I may add this in the future. Sorry for the trouble

3. Ronny

Ronny New Member

Oh well! Thanks for the quick reply anyway. Hoping it's not too hard to implement. :) Meanwhile I'll look into Python and see if I can solve this another way.