AutoLocation

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Lange_666, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Lange_666

Lange_666 New Member

I see that this Tasker plugin can be used to make some geofences and then when inside or outside these fences, tasker can start/stop defined tasks.
    I guess that it is somehoiw also possible to just get a current location (lat/long) out of the local %allatitude and %allongitude variables and then put these into global variables to use later in the task (or in another task for that matter).
    But all i get as a return is the %allatitude or %allongitude text in my variables. No actual lat/long data.
    GPS and Mobile Data are on, app is unlocked...
    I thought of using this to get a actual location of the cellphone because the Tasker Get Location often doesn't work inside (outside is no problem) while apps like Google Maps find my location almost instantly.

Or do i need to use the Get Location command from Tasker first before AutoLocation? I guess then it will not improve my problem.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can get your location by using the AutoLocation Location action in Tasker and checking Get First Location. :) Hope this helps!

3. Lange_666

Lange_666 New Member

I'll give it a shot...

4. Lange_666

Lange_666 New Member

Didn't work at first on checking that option but then i removed the task and started over with the Retrieve First Location checked and nothing else checked and then it worked. Might be some parameter that i changed and forgot about it...

5. khriss75

khriss75 New Member

I'm quite in the same situation: I need to send to my server longitude and latitude (from autolocation) and this work fine.
    If I try to send %alspeed and – %alaltitude i receive only the text ("%alspeed %alaltitude") and no the value.
    Are there some any setting to have these information? (%allatitude, %allongitude, %altime and %alaccuracy work fine. Here I have the values).
    Thanks

Cris