AutoRemote Use button 1,2,3 or 4 with HTTP GET or POST

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by user1306, Oct 20, 2016.

1. user1306

user1306 New Member

Hi
    i use autoremote in combination with Eventghost, recently i installed autoremote on my wife's phone so she can get notifications on things going on in the house (doorbell rang, laundry is done and so on).
    i also wanted to send her notifications with a question and Action Buttons to reply to it
    for example, a notification "are you at home?" with one button "Yes" and the other is "No", behind these buttons i would put an HTTP GET request which will then trigger an event in eventghost, or IFTTT (Maker).
    i know you can add URL to the whole notification (which will open chrome/browser to send it).

my question is, is it possible to add an HTTP Get or Post behind these buttons? and when she clicks it, it just sends the feedback without opening the browser to do so?
    i know all of this is possible with Tasker, however; i dont want to install Tasker on her phone or have to set up each and every command.

thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, you really need Tasker to react to those commands for now. There's no way to directly call urls in the background with just the notification.

You would only need 1 profile in her Tasker though, so no great harm would be done :)

3. ouquoi

ouquoi New Member

Good request. It is an android technical limitation or a functional limitation that can be resolved (Somewhere sometimes ?)

thanks

4. joaomgcd

It's just something I haven't implemented yet because it's really easy for people to implement themselves :)

5. ouquoi

ouquoi New Member

Well i think it is much easier to add this features directly through autoremote. And it is already possible to add a http call for the notification itself so why not for the button :p ?

It will help to deploy some interaction without configuration in tasker. Perhaps it is not a good thing as a commercial point of view ;) but as a functional point of view is a very good feature.

The idea behind this, for me at least ;), is to make a easy communication between my android device and my automation box without deploy/configure any tasker profile on all my devices. In this way the process is managed by my automation box and is only in one place and not on all my devices.

Do you think you can plan such evolution ?

Thanks in advance for your answer and more globally for your applications.

6. ouquoi

ouquoi New Member

I can make a special donation just for this feature ! let me know :p

7. joaomgcd

Ok, I'd be open to that :p
    Let me know if you really want to go ahead with that

8. ouquoi

ouquoi New Member

Yes i want i think you have my mail ;) let's continue the discussion then...
    Waiting for your mail.