AutoVera Running Lua script (LUUP) on the Vera

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Quixote, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Quixote

Quixote New Member

Hi, I apologize if there is a resource that I'm missing, but I can't seem to find any tutorials that give a full picture of how to set up commands that are any more than a little beyond basic.
    I'd like to know if it's possible to build a script based on an AutoVoice command and send it to the Vera. I have built several scenes to control some LIFX bulbs, and it would be simple enough to set up voice commands to trigger each scene, but a lot of manual work (based on the methods I know of). Would I be able to parse out variables from a command, use them to build a line of script and then execute that script on the Vera? It sure would simplify things if I could just say, "Turn on the bedroom lights red at 60 percent" and not have to set up commands for every possible combination.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or links.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, unfortunately that is out of the realm of AutoVera :) AutoVera is just a tasker plugin so scripting on a Vera itself is a whole other subject.

3. Quixote

Quixote New Member

I see. That's too bad.
    Do you think it would be possible to add a feature in a future release that would allow us to send a string of text from Tasker to the AutoVera plugin that resides on the Vera, which would then interpret that text as Luup script? It sure would be a powerful ability.
    Thanks for your consideration.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I'll add that to my todo list, thanks!