Poweramp and Intents

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by L.Drake, Dec 25, 2016.

1. L.Drake

L.Drake Member

I've built a voice powered assistant on my cell. having the basic features jotted down.
    However, PowerAmp(PA) and it's integration is making my head hurt.
    I wwant to throw a sentence like "Play something from Sabaton" at my phone and it queries PowerAmps' Database, queries it for the artist and plays a song from it.
    According to this comment (line 138-140) in the example external API, PA wants a unique ID, which I have to find a way to discover automatically from the artist, title, album, genre or whatever parameter I throw at it.
    I need to find a way to discover the required ID automatically, or generate some form of mapping every now and then, and supply this to AutoVoice/Tasker somehow, so I can throw this at PA via AutoShare Intents somehow. Worst case scenario, I have to manually adapt the tasks supplying the tasker side of this, since I keep changing around my music on my smartphones.
    Sorry for hiding all this in the spoilers, but imo, this is the most efficient way to explain it. I'm looking forward to input on this

2. autormali

autormali Member

3. L.Drake

L.Drake Member

I couldn't tell, new device isn't rooted (yet) and the database is not accessible yet...