Open Some questions on Touchless Chat

Discussion in 'Touchless Chat' started by dpadula85, Jun 8, 2015.

1. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

Hello,

I have some questions about this app, I just downloaded it and I would like to use it to handle some Tasker stuff that I was handling some other way.

Is there a variable that I can use in Tasker to check what language is gonna be used to send the message? If I wanna set up an automatic reply, I cannot send a pre-written message in English to a contact that is set up in, say, Spanish.

Let's say I wanna send a message after a missed call. Does Touchless Chat handle Tasker variables? Does it understand who is %CNAME?

Is it possible to define the a variable containing the type of the received message? For example, in Whatstasker there is the possibility to do so. This way, one could ignore messages containing only media or stuff like this.

Thanks in advance for the answers :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

There's no way to check the language right now, but that's a good idea :) Added to my todo list.

Touchless Chat does handle all tasker variables correctly.

What types of messages would you expect to see?

Thanks!

3. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

If you know Whatstasker, there is a variable called %wt_type, which is a string that tells you whether the message contains images, audio, video, contacts, locations or only text.
    It is useful to react to only certain type of messages. For example, if I am driving and somebody sends me a photo, I don't care. But if he writes me some text, maybe I'd like to know what he wrote and reply.

If my explanation is not very clear, try and download whatstasker and have a look!

4. joaomgcd

Thanks that's clear :)

Because they have direct access to the Whatsapp Database that's probably easier to do though. I can only rely on the notification that's received... But I'll check if some info is included there. Thanks again!

5. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

One more thing I noticed, which you may want to correct.
    Let's say I define a default language for the contact X. When I start a new chat with X, the app reads the default message (which is written in English), with text-to-speech in the language I selected as default, thus it sounds weird. For example, it will read the deafult English message with an Italian engine.
    You could either set this passage always in English, or maybe have a small collection of these sentences in the supported languages and have the app read it in the correct language.

6. joaomgcd

What do you mean exactly by "default message" in "the app reads the default message (which is written in English)"?
    What message is that?

7. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

Now I don't remember exactly and I can't check cause I am at work, but it says something like "New chat with %contact started. What's your message?". It reads this part with the language engine associated to the contact, even if this should always be read in English.

8. joaomgcd

Hmm, but that should also be said in italian :) Must be a bug somewhere, thanks, I'll check

9. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

Ah, I have one more suggestion!!
    When you install the app, it sets English as default for all the contacts, if I am not wrong. It is quite boring to change the settings for each contact.
    You could make the app read the phone numbers, extract the international prefix and set the language corresponding to that prefix as default if it is in the database (e.g. +39 = Italian, +34 = Spanish), otherwise, leave English.(That's what i was doing in my Tasker profile similar to this app).
    I can think of few more ways to do this, which should all be easy to implement, maybe as advanced options (e.g. compare the contact's prefix with your prefix. If it's the same, use the language corresponding to the prefix, if it's different use English).

If the numbers are formatted the same way (which can be easily done with some app like Twitch!) it should be really easy to implement.

Let me know if you think those are good suggestions!

10. joaomgcd

Thanks, that's a good suggestion :) Adding to my todo list.

Btw, I've figured out the issue with the language you mentioned above and will fix on the beta I'm releasing today. Get the beta here: http://joaoapps.com/beta-testing/

Thanks again!

11. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

I cannot use the beta. It doesn't recognize the accessibility settings it needs to work. I am on a Galaxy S4 with CM12.1
    Will do some more testing on the stable asap.

12. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

I have a question: do you use this app keeping Google Now recognition activated with locked screen? Because with locked screen the voice recognition interrupts as soon as it starts, and unfortunately with lollipop Tasker is not able to automatically unlock the screen.

13. joaomgcd

Sorry, beta was bugged. Can you please try it again with the new beta? It should be version 1.0.8b

14. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

Sure, tonight I will, so I'll try also some stuff.
    What about the blocked screen instead? That is a major point in my opinion, because if the screen if blocked, you basically cannot reply to the messages.

15. joaomgcd

On my Nexus 6 at least I can unlock the screen automatically with TC. I've heard that on the Galaxy Note 4 for example, it doesn't work.

16. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

How do you do that? Do you have swipe lockscreen? Because I have pattern lock, and as far as I know, there is no way to unlock it with Tasker in Lollipop.

17. joaomgcd

I have to disable the lockscreen temporarily. :)
    What device do you have?

18. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

Samsung Galaxy S4.
    So basically you have a profile that upon received message in TC disables the lockscreen.
    You do it with autoinput? Because if you have pattern lock you have to insert the pattern to disable the lockscreen.

Cool, thanks! I'll try the beta tonight and let you know if I notice something else!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  19. joaomgcd

Nope, TC unlocks the screen when it needs to send a message :) When receiving it keeps it locked. Hope this clarifies it :)

20. dpadula85

dpadula85 New Member

ok, I get it. I'll test that, with the previous version that wasn't working.