Open Is there a way to read pushed notifications from raspberry ?

Discussion in 'Join' started by inanc, Jan 26, 2017.

1. inanc

inanc Member

I am interested in building magic mirror and wonder if is there a way to read notifications? There is a module that is working with pushbullet however it is always good to go with 1 application :)
    Edit: As I understand there is no easy way to request for notifications with a simple web request. I am only able to push and list registered devices. Will you add this kind of staff in the future?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, just to clarify, is the magic mirror running on an Android device as well?

3. inanc

inanc Member

Well i dont know but it is basically built with javascript and html. Some 3th party modules run phyton. I think all i need is request with an url and returning values with json format just like requesting list of devices with an url as shown in join api documantation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The problem is that notifications are not stored on Join's servers like devices are, so there's no good way of requesting them unfortunately. Sorry, it's just not possible for now.

inanc likes this.
  5. inanc

inanc Member

Okay thanks for information. Going to find another way with tasker and join pushes :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk