AutoVoice Reply to Messaging App Messages With Natural Language

Learn how you can reply to whatsapp messages from your Google Assistant like on Google Home

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Reply to Messaging App Messages With Natural Language - Learn how you can reply to whatsapp messages from your Google Assistant like on Google Home

Read more about this project...

2. Elizabeth Ellis

Elizabeth Ellis Member

In general, when you make the context set to notifications, suddenly other contexts wouldn't be available right?
    Say you didn't reply to the message for a long time...if one was trying to use commands for another context, they wouldn't be able to right?
    even if you put notifications in the context for the other profile, then the context wouldn't be match when there were more notifications...

It seems like this could be solved by not deleting the context and just adding notifications to every other context, that way you'd have a notification context active weather there's a notification context or not.
    And since the action is only triggered when you ask about if there are notifications, that seems fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

3. joaomgcd

The contexts will always be kept unless you explicitly delete them with the AutoVoice Natural Language Contexts action :) You shouldn't have to worry about that.

4. Juan M.

Juan M. New Member

Hello Joao, I tried doing this with Messenger but it's not working for me. (Steps from 1 to 7).
    Step 4 is not clear, you stated: "I used the wrong condition the first time around, so follow this video if you have trouble setting the right condition."
    In the video you set %anreplyaction as Isn't set but then on the instructions you put %anreplyaction Is Set
    Tried either way but it doesn't work for me. Any thoughts?

EDIT: weird, it works properly when I use AutoVoice in the Google Home but when I do it via the phone it doesn't.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  5. joaomgcd

Sorry, the condition should be %anreplyaction Is Not Set
    I fixed the tutorial now :)

6. anglemort

anglemort New Member

I tried to implement this project and at first only the speech output part worked with Google Home so it said my notification and took my reply but it wouldn't trigger any action on the phone, not even the screen bubble that a natural language thingy was used, while the natural language widget worked just fine triggering the right action.
    This somehow fixed itself over night so now it works great.

Only problems I have encountered:
    If the text of the notification includes a "," character it leads to an error as "," is also the splitting character in the data argument for the language context. Maybe one can change the variable type of %antext somehow in this data argument to make it work?

Somehow it also doesn't seem to work with the Nougat collected notifications.

Also I think some kind of security feature would be great, where it asks if I really want to send (which is also great for confirming if it understood my reply).

Another possible feature could be to read ALL messages and not only the latest but I couldn't find out how yet.

Thanks for your great work! I just wanted to give you a feedback

7. joaomgcd

About the comma, you could replace all commas in the message text before sending it to AutoVoice. I'll add a note in the tutorial thanks :)
    About the Nougat notifications, what happens when you try?
    About it asking if you want to confirm, you could add that in the command as a "confirm" parameter and then in the task only send if that parameter has a value of "yes" for example :)
    To read all messages you have to look at all the notifications using the arrays. Are you able to do that?

Thanks for your feedback!

8. amplatfus

amplatfus New Member

I do not know why in my case it always trigger the no notification natural language intent. Profile from Tasker with intercept event shows in %text variable the right text. I have tried with deletion and recreate the intent but same result. If somebody have have an idea please share it. Many thanks in advance.