Open MMS does not work

Discussion in 'Join' started by uptwo, Feb 13, 2017.

1. uptwo

uptwo New Member

Using the latest Join extension on Chrome. SMS works fine. When I receive a group message from person "A" in a conversation between A+B+me, Join shows the message came from JUST "A" to only me. When I want to reply, it only gives me the option of replying to "A".

Another bug:
    If I am SMS texting with person "A", their name shows up under "SMS/Phone" in the extension correctly as "A". However, if "A" sends me a picture, then their name shows up as "A,A". Join does not recognize that it's the same person who sent me the picture.

Computer: Windows 7 SP1 x64, Chrome 56
    Phone: USA, Samsung Note 5, Sprint network, Android 6.0.1, using Textra

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you please check in the "A,A" conversation if the phone numbers in the input field at the bottom are exactly the same or if they're slightly different somehow? Thanks!

3. uptwo

uptwo New Member

So this is where it gets even weirder.

That previous conversation I told you about this morning has been separated into 2 different threads. This is a new person I recently added to my contact, and their name is not showing up (however yesterday it did, so that's strange). Hitting the refresh button in the top right doesn't fix this. Anyway..

Now there are 3 threads with the same person

a) +1phone_number
    b) phone_number
    c) 1phone_number, phone_number

The contact's phone number is saved in my phone as "phone_number". I don't know why Join is adding the "1" in front of two of the threads.

In "a", this is a thread I sent the contact a picture
    In "b", the contact sent me a picture but it only shows up in "c"
    In "c", it only shows a picture the contact sent me. No text messages

4. joaomgcd

Thanks again for the extra details. Just to check something on my side, what happens if you disable and re-enable the Join SMS service on the android device? Does it fix the conversations or does it remain in that weird state. Thank you so much for your help with this, I really want to make this work for everyone :)

5. joaomgcd

6. uptwo

uptwo New Member

By disable/re-enable do you want me to uninstall that previous version and install that one?

7. uptwo

uptwo New Member

Ok, I disabled the chrome extension (not uninstalled), then uninstalled Join on my phone and installed that apk you linked. I can't for the life of me get SMS to work on chrome now. So to try and fix this, I uninstalled Join from both chrome and my phone. I then re-installed the apk on my phone you linked, then re-installed the chrome extension.

When I hit "SMS and Call Service" to the on position, a small pop up comes up saying "Please wait... Exporting contacts and sms info to google drive...". It never goes away (there's no timer, there's no "ok" button), so after like 5 minutes of giving up I just press somewhere else in my phone and the popup goes away. I don't know if it actually did it's job.

I added my "own phone number" to both "SMS and Call service" and "Own Phone number", but I can't get the chrome extension to load up my contacts/SMS. It says trying to activate remotely, but nothing happens.

When I hit "Remote SMS" on my phone, it says "No SMS devices. You don't have any other device that supports SMS. Press OK to go back."

8. uptwo

uptwo New Member

So reinstalling everything and installing the chrome extension / phone apk *from the playstore* - I still can't get SMS to work anymore!
    My chrome extension keeps saying "Seems that the SMS service was not enabled for this device or that some files were not synced. Enabling SMS remotely now, please wait..." and nothing happens.

There's also a notification on my phone "Getting messages from system" that never goes away.

Also, after reinstalling the apk from the playstore, I did a force stop, removed all cache/saved files,and when I press "Remote SMS" it says "error requesting SMS file: GCM ID for Galaxy Note5 no longer registered with GCM or invalid, removing from datastore".

Can't get join to work anymore at all =\

9. uptwo

uptwo New Member

Ok, after turning off my computer and phone I woke up this morning with the new apk working. I don't know why it took so long..

Anyway, I've entered my phone number and I can confirm that Join still splits messages up into more than one thread. In the input field in the bottom, all the numbers are the same.

So I have two threads with the same person:
    thread 1 with "A", +1xxxxxxxxxx

thread 2 with "A,A", +1xxxxxxxxxx,+1xxxxxxxxxx