AutoNotification Notifications on Pebble

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mdemant, Feb 27, 2017.

1. mdemant

mdemant New Member

Hi all!
    I've been trying for some time to have AutoNotifications show up on my Pebble but without success. I have a Pebble Round which means no AutoPebble support (and I fully understand why Joao will not implement any with the selling of Pebble).
    Has anybody been able to have the notifications show upp on the Pebble? This would be the next best thing after having AutoPebble working.
    Cheers to you all,
    Mike.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

There was actually a post about this yesterday about a user who was using it for just that. From my understanding it should happen automatically I think. Check if you didn't block the app's notifications in the pebble app perhaps.

3. mdemant

mdemant New Member

That is my understanding too, but I have checked in the notification settings of the Pebble Android app and both AutoNotifications and Tasker are set to send the notifications to the watch. Then I created a small test Tasker task which worked like this:
    1. Make tasker notification using tasker built in notification tool saying: "Tasker Works"
    2. Wait 5 seconds (just to notice the possible two buzzes)
    3. Make AutoNotification notification saying: "AutoNot Works"
    I recive the first one on the watch, but not the AutoNotification. Both do however show on the phone. The configuration of the AutoNotification message was:
    Use HTML: false
    Title: AutoNot Works
    Status Bar Text Size: 16
    Visibility: Public (tested private as well)
    Is Group Summary: false
    Skip Picture Cache: false
    Update Notification: false
    Only On Phone: false
    So basically I'm stumped, this very simple set up should work. I should also add that I have tried this before I reflashed my phone to original OnePlus firmware without success.
    The thread you are referring to, I cannot seem to find it using the search function. Could you perhaps link to it so I could ask the author for his input?
    Thank you for your time, it is very much appreciated!

4. joaomgcd

Oh sorry, my mistake! It was an email I received, not a post on this forum. I'll ask the other user to come reply in this thread, thanks!

mdemant likes this.
  5. Deathspank

Deathspank New Member

i own a pebble steel an can asure you that notifications of autonotification will show up perfectly on my pebble. creating a notification with only the text and title set will work just fine. my guess is that you're problem is not directly related to autonotification. re-check the notification settings in autopebble. another suggestion i could give you is to clear all notifications in the pebble notification menu.

6. Deathspank

Deathspank New Member

IMPORTANT: Autonotifications will only show on your pebble when BOTH title and text is set. If you will only set the title the message will NOT show up on your pebble.

mdemant likes this.
  7. mdemant

mdemant New Member

Fantastic, thank you to the both of you. That was the missing puzzle piece I needed, and of course it was such a silly small thing. Thank you again!

8. joaomgcd

Awesomeness! Glad we figured this out!