AutoTools can't toggle Immersive Mode in AutoTools Secure Settings

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Alan Pierson, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Alan Pierson

Alan Pierson New Member

Hi! I'm trying to use AutoTools Secure Settings to toggle Immersive Mode as described here, and it's not working for me. I've successfully used ADB to grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission, but I don't see the "Display" option in AutoTools Secure Settings (as seen here in this video) which I believe should lead to the "Immersive Mode" setting. Instead, I just get the options you see in the image here. Can someone help me figure out what the problem is?

Thanks!
    Alan

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that, that is only available in the AutoTools beta. Please get it here.
    Hope this helps!

Alan Pierson likes this.
  3. Alan Pierson

Alan Pierson New Member

Ah ha! Thank you!!

4. MikeW

MikeW Member

My problem is that I have the beta, I've granted the permissions, I see the command, but it doesn't do anything when run. Seems a little strange because the AutoHide Softkeys app is able to set immersive, but it's buggy.

5. joaomgcd

Hmm weird, what Android version are you using? It works great for me...

6. MikeW

MikeW Member

It's an older Dragontouch M7 running 4.4.2 I thought it was odd as well, since both AutoHide SoftKeys and Immersive Plugin can set the mode, although both seem a bit buggy.

7. joaomgcd

Hmmm, maybe older version of android didn't use the same method... Can you check if when you toggle it with those apps that the related secure setting is changed? You can check with the AutoTools Secure Settings action in Tasker. Thanks!

8. MikeW

MikeW Member

Sorry, but I couldn't get any information. I assume you wanted my to use the "Read Settings" action, but there wasn't anything there that talked about Immersive Mode.