AutoArduino Turn a LED on or off

Use AutoArduino to simply turn a LED on or off

1. Poloace

Poloace New Member

It does not appear to work on the LG G4 :-(, it is still doing another software update, could you confirm software version running on your phone.I have un-locked the app. Should it connect with out any code installed?

Did change any settings on the phone for the USB connection data type etc?

2. Poloace

Poloace New Member

Do you just use mtp connection, were your phones rooted?

3. Poloace

Poloace New Member

Hello Joao,
    LG G4 ANDROID 6 SECURITY PATCH 2016-07-01 KERNAL 3.10.84 BUUILD NUMBER MRA58K SOFTWARE VERSION V20G-EUR-XX
    It has finished all updates and still no joy, should it connect with no code on the uno board, is the pins.ino file all ok?

Raj likes this.
  4. Poloace

Poloace New Member

I have been able to make a connection via bluetooth in autoarduino on an Old Sony phone that would pair with the BLE module, the newer phone will not stay paired to the BLE3.0 which then make it so they are not seen in autoardunio. However when I run the LED test example it give me an error message, I will post up the message later as I don't have the Sony phone with me at the moment.

Any ideas what coudl be wrong with my setup when using OTG or Bluetooth on the, HTC M9, LG G4, Alcatel Pop4, Samsung Galaxy Ace, all do not appear to work in OTG or will not pair to the HM10 module, it will pair as mentioned on an older Sony phone.

Please help as I am desperate to get this working.

Best regards

Alan

5. Denis Eltsov

Denis Eltsov New Member

Hi. I try to understand if I can use "toggle" command on pins other then 2 and 3, for example 9?

6. White Ox

White Ox New Member

Since purchasing the AutoArduino app ($1.99), I'm able to write to digital pins 4,5,6,7,8,&9. I did not try writing to pins 2 or 3 as I'm not sure if you can use them as digital Outs AND use them for their Interrupt function at the same time and the interrupt function is imperative to my project.

I can not however write digital output to pins 10,11,12, or 13 - and I'm trying to control them exactly (LED Output example via Tasker) as I am digital output write to pins 4,5,6,7,8,9.... I am connected to an arduino Nano V3.0... which all the IO pins are the same as they are on the arduino Uno V3 per Pinout Diagrams - but maybe there is some other difference. I am Bluetooth connected via an HC-05 board.

Can someone (using an Uno board) verify IO Pins 10-13 can be written to as Digital Outputs?

7. PatPux

PatPux New Member

I am trying to run the Turn a Led on example., using BT HC-05. I am using pin 9 to toggle. (as pins 2&3 ae in use for BT Serial comms)
    I keep getting a connetion error, text at bottom.
    BT is paired and connected (double flash every 2 ses). I have tried on two different Androids (Nexus and Hauwei Hol U19) .
    Been trying all day now and cant fix it.
    Any help gratefuly accepted
    Thanks
    Patrick
    Task
    Connection to arduino (except Im using a Pro Mini)
    This sketch
    https://github.com/joaomgcd/AutoArduino-Sketch/blob/master/pins.ino

[​IMG]
    00.47.08/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoArduino Connection / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 5 bundle keys
    00.47.08/E AutoArduino Connection: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoarduino/com.joaomgcd.autoarduino.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    00.47.08/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
    00.47.08/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    00.47.08/E add wait task
    00.47.26/E Error: 789623915
    00.47.26/E java.io.IOException: read failed, socket might closed or timeout, read ret: -1

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  8. Raj

Raj New Member

For my OTG Setup, Joao; I was unable to compile the pins.ino file. It was giving me the error as below.

pins.ino:111:24: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]

if(currentValue != NULL){

^
    Can you please help me here.
    RA

9. Denis Eltsov

Denis Eltsov New Member

Hi All. If any one know how to check if Arduino still connected? Or the only way is try to read something and then check %err variable?

10. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- New Member

I too am having issues connecting USB on my Arduino. The Auto Arduino app does not 'detect' and prompt when connected. I am using a Sparkfun Redboard with the FTDI chipset ( maybe that is my issue)

I have tried it on 2 devices so far:
    Nexus 7 LTE Tablet (android 6.0.1)
    Newsmy Carpad 2 (NU3001) with android 4.4.4
    My goal is to have an Arduino connected to my Android stereo to control outputs (amps, power antenna) using tasker. I would prefer wired over bluetooth for these functions

11. srccjcathome

srccjcathome New Member

I'm having the same issue as White Ox in entry #26. I can not write to pins 10-13 on my Genuino Uno V3 board. I connect to the board via an HC-06 bluetooth module. I thought maybe my Arduino was partially fried so I tried another board and got identical results. Pins 2-9 work perfectly on both Uno V3 boards that I tried.

12. ChesLans

ChesLans New Member

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case i launch Autoarduino and try to add an arduino, I select USB, and get Arduino not found.The board is loaded with the sketch that is linked in Google play with the Autoarduino app.Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

seo expert

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  13. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What Arduino model are you using?

14. Loader009

Loader009 New Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  15. Loader009

Loader009 New Member

Is this project still alive?
    I want to request to read (customized) variables with AutoArduino. This would of course only be a pro feature.
    @joaomgcd
    Would you develop this App further or should I look for an alternative? (Which I probably won't find...)