Can't Fix Firefox 51 does not always sync

Discussion in 'Join' started by Keith Nelson, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Keith Nelson

Keith Nelson New Member

I use Firefox 51 at work which is my 'personal account' browser to send messages through. I use the web site of course which works most of the time, but often the SMS pushes can be around 5 minutes or more delayed. I also RARELY get responses sent to Firefox, but that is okay since my Android Wear gets them anyway.

As a test, I installed the Chrome extension and it worked much faster and better, but it has an issue with dual accounts. My job uses Google Webapps for their domain so I have to stay logged into Chrome with that. When I log my personal account it though Join, it worked great, but then insisted on asking for permissions for my work account which I kept telling it to deny but it kept prompting.

I would prefer much better to use Firefox if I could since it auto destructs my logins upon close and I like to keep it that way.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately Firefox is not supported right now, sorry. It's missing a key feature that makes Join not possible to run on it: push messaging support. Sorry to disappoint!

3. LocutusX

LocutusX Member

Actually he is talking about the Join WEB site, I believe, not the experimental Firefox extension.
    I agree with his point about the Join WEBSITE having some issues, and it doesn't matter if you use Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari, you would notice it.

4. joaomgcd

Oh I see sorry. I'll try to figure out the issue, thanks

5. Keith Nelson

Keith Nelson New Member

As an update - They updated the browser to Firefox 52 (Funnelcake Onboarding).
    The issues seem to be increasing where sync will randomly break. I had a message on my phone saying I had to create an API or recreate it right in the middle of successful texting this morning, several went through, then it stopped with that message. I had to log back into the website to fix that part.
    More texts have gone through, but it is hit and miss. Right now, I sent a text, and the logs indicate for the push:
    2017-03-22 12:11:42:83
    Didn't process push that was received before.

For what it's worth, the bottom prompt that keeps coming up in the browser to show status rotates between:
    Last SMSs not available
    Contacts not yet available....

I can confirm though, that the phone has absolutely NO problem uploading the text to Google Drive, but it does not show up in the browser screen.

6. joaomgcd

Sorry for the trouble.
    I don't think that API message was related to this though, I think it was just a coincidence.
    Can you please try this:
    • clear the logs in the Join Android app
    • try to send an SMS from the web page
    • check the logs and post them here.
    Thanks!

: firefox, chrome, sync