Open Suggestion: notifications history.

Discussion in 'Join' started by Albullocks, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Albullocks

Albullocks New Member

Hi Joao, I installed Join today and tried most of its features.... so far I didn't encounter a single problem and everything works great! This service is going to kick Pushbullet's ass!!

Aside from this I have a suggestion to make; i think it'd be neat if it was possible to see the past notifications I received from my mobile devices. What I have in mind is a locally stored database of notifications received and cleared from the device (and thus cleared from join notifications tab too), displayed on a notifications history tab next to the main one.

Let me know what you think! :)

[edit] It seems I have encountered a problem, in the advanced options tab I see a configurable timer to set the "number of seconds a notification should show (max 25 seconds)".
    I have set it to many different timings, but it seems the change doesnt have any effect, and the chrome notifications always disappear after the default 8 seconds.

Anyone have this problem? What can I do to solve it? (tried restarting chrome without results)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, it seems that a recent Chrome update makes them disappear after the 8 seconds. I was able to make them show up for longer before but now I can't either... Not sure why, but probably a chrome update.

about the notification history, I think that would bring up some issues, but ok, I'll put it on my todo list. Don't expect it anytime soon though :)

3. Albullocks

Albullocks New Member

That's a bummer. :( Cmon Google, don't be evil!

Thanks! Its great of you to even just consider that, we can sure wait as much as it's needed!

4. dbareis

dbareis New Member

If possible I'd like an option for all chrome notifications not just ones from Join.