AutoVoice Play Movies or TV Shows in Kodi with Natural Language commands using custom Types

Set your Kodi TVShow and Movie collection as Natural Language types so that you can easily play them

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Play Movies or TV Shows in Kodi with Natural Language commands using custom Types - Set your Kodi TVShow and Movie collection as Natural Language types so that you can easily play them

Read more about this project...

HA_CP likes this.
  2. Josh14

Josh14 New Member

How would I make this work for lets say YouTube or Netflix?

3. joaomgcd

For YouTube you could use the YouTube API in AutoWeb to do a search and then play back the video with the video ID.
    Unfortunately there's no Netflix API. sorry!

4. mwink4689

mwink4689 New Member

I'm hoping that you may help me in solving my problem. I'm very new to this, so please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area. I'm trying to follow your instructions so that I can use my voice to play movies on Kodi. I understand everything until I get step 7
    • Start by setting %movie to the name of any movie in your library so you can easily test the task
    • Get the movie id by using an AutoXBMC Query action and querying your movies setting Filter 1 to Title Is %movie
    • Flash %axids1 to make sure that the first result has an ID
    • Add an AutoXBMC Control action
    • Set Media ID to %axids1
    • Set Media Type to Movie
    • Enable Resume
    I'm not sure I understand the first three bullet points and so therefore when I test everything out I get the following results (see attached). What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your assistance.
    Mark

Attached Files:

5. joaomgcd

That usually means that it didn't find a movie with the title you specified. Does the flash in the second action show the title of the movie correctly?

6. Gman04

Gman04 New Member

This is what i get when i flash for movies??????? Can anyone help

19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterValue2: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterValue3: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterValue4: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterValue5: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterOperator2: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterOperator3: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterOperator4: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterOperator5: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: MaxNumberOfResults: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterField2: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterField3: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterField4: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: FilterField5: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle key: SortField: replace <null> String value with null
    19.22.55/Variables doreplresult: |Title Is %movie| -> |Title Is Movie|
    19.22.55/ActionArgBundle AutoXBMC Query: FilterValue: Title Is %movie -> Title Is Movie
    19.22.55/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoXBMC Query / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 27 bundle keys
    19.22.55/E AutoXBMC Query: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoxbmc/com.joaomgcd.autoxbmc.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    19.22.55/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
    19.22.55/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    19.22.55/E add wait task
    19.22.55/E Error: 1524810024
    19.22.55/E Couldn't get results

19.23.57/Variables doreplresult: | %axids1()| -> | |
    19.23.57/ActionArgBundle AutoXBMC Control: MovieId: %axids1() ->
    19.23.57/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoXBMC Control / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 9 bundle keys
    19.23.57/E AutoXBMC Control: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoxbmc/com.joaomgcd.autoxbmc.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    19.23.57/E add wait type Plugin1 time 20
    19.23.57/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    19.23.57/E add wait task
    19.23.57/E Error: 3387046
    19.23.57/E You must specify a media id to play.

7. Pete

Pete New Member

Not sure if I missed something but ran into a issue that had me stumped for a while, when creating the play next episode task and you query for unwatched episodes and sort by date it doesn't seem to affect the order of %axids, I found axid1 was always the highest ID number, to work around this I just needed to set max nr results to 1 and problem solved.

8. Pete

Pete New Member

gman04 im no expert on this by a long way but while im here its seems to be having trouble pulling the movie ID based on the search title you provided it, is %movie definitely being set to a title that's in your library? try doing a flash of %movie to check wht been set. while testing inside the task you need to put variable set action for %movie and set it to a title you have and make sure you have dragged it to the top (don't forget to delete it again after you've finished testing). hope that helps

9. squatingyeti

squatingyeti New Member

My autoXBMC query is crashing the Set Media Contexts task when it does the query for tvshow and never setting anything but movies. I've followed the tutorial exactly and can see the movies in api.ai, but as soon as the task gets to the tv show query, my phone screen goes gray and I get a notification like the field was empty. Have the max nr results set plenty high. If I check the autoXBMC logs, they show a long list of my TV shows by episode. Nothing in api.ai though as it crashes before reaching that part of the task.
    I've even tried to run just a tv show query and get the same results. Not sure why movies are working and not the tv shows. Any help is appreciated.

10. joaomgcd

I think your tv show list is too long and so Tasker crashes because it's too much data to handle. I need to add a way to get only tv show titles...

11. squatingyeti

squatingyeti New Member

Here's an adjusted task that breaks the tvshow query into two separate actions for those of you that are seeing Tasker crash because you have a large tvshow collection. You'll obviously need to change your query for your kodi. You can also just break the queries into more than 2 if still having issues. Just combine them all at the end like I did with %shows1 & %shows2.

Attached Files:

12. joaomgcd

13. Rabee Hanzla

Rabee Hanzla New Member

@squatingyeti Can you make a query task for just movies as well. In my case as my movie library contains more than 3000 titles, it is crashing the tasker. So, if possible please share a movie query task that is also broken into parts. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  14. aderlopas

aderlopas New Member

Dears, very interesting automation. I am completely new to tasker, but I have good knowledge of Kodi. Any chance for a step by step guide?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. joaomgcd

16. aderlopas

aderlopas New Member

17. joaomgcd

18. aderlopas

aderlopas New Member

You can do the same with autoWeb, and you won't have to delete the duplicates as you will be querying tvshows and not episodes...
    Import this... View attachment Tasker_MEdia_Creation_Task.xml

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

19. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

RESOLVED: - Had incorrect IP address in AutoXBMC plugin
    I can't get past this either (just different error number (51699027)). Any help would be much appreciated. When I am trying to run it from Takser

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. joaomgcd