Open Join web app behaving buggy/unstable?

Discussion in 'Join' started by LocutusX, Mar 28, 2017.

1. LocutusX

LocutusX Member

Lately, I've noticed the JOIN web app ( https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com/ ) to be much less stable than it used to be. It's primary purpose is to use Join on NON-Chrome browsers (Firefox, IE). For myself, I use it on the current version of Firefox (v52).
    Quite often I'm seeing "Couldn't check if SMS was sent" in a yellow box whenever I send an SMS from the web app. However, about 2-3min later I will see the message reach my phone and get sent via my phone's SMS app.
    So... I wonder if there are any recent changes to the web app which could cause this instability.
    In attempting to troubleshoot I already did the following:
    • Run JOIN Diagnostics from phone app to verify all is ok
    • Disable and Re-enable "SMS and Call Service" option in JOIN app, to refresh my sms messages on the server
    • On PC's Web Browser, close all Join Web App tabs, clear cache & cookies, re-start web browser, re-open Join Web app in tabs...
    • Whitelist "joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com" in my browser's Ad Blocker (uBlock Origin)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, thanks for the report. Which version of the Android app are you using? Thanks!

3. LocutusX

LocutusX Member

1.5.2b.bf3

4. joaomgcd

Thanks. When you get the "Couldn't check if SMS was sent" message, are you able to push stuff to your device normally? Thanks in advance

5. LocutusX

LocutusX Member

Got an error message notification on my Android app:

API Key Not Used

All Join API pushes now REQUIRE the API Key parameter. Please go to https://joaoapps.com/join/web and regenerate... (etc.)

6. joaomgcd

Yes, you have to go to that URL and re-generate any Join API URLs that don't use the apikey parameter. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. Azher Mohd

Azher Mohd New Member

8. joaomgcd

@Azher Mohd I've now contacted the Home Assistant developers to update their system with the Join API Key which is now required. If you add your API key it should work :) Hope this helps

: web app