AutoWear Start Hangout From Watch 1.0

Start a conversation in the hangouts app from your watch. No more "just reply" limitations!

1. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Yeah I think the System Lock is just not supported on your Note 3 so it won't look again after it has executed the Task when it was locked before that.

2. Kaser

Kaser New Member

So you're saying the full command "send message to (name)"

Do you get anything showing up on your screen after that? Any pop up messages or anything? On your phone screen or the watch screen?

Also I had to keep changing the strength of the shake in the autowear app before I found the right one for me. Took many tries.

3. Matt8

Matt8 New Member

Whoa, it just worked!

Previously, I was just getting this error:

http://i.imgur.com/G3gUEbj.png

But this time, this later popped up on my phone:

http://i.imgur.com/cLr07Gw.png

I went back into AutoContacts, refreshed again, and viola, it works! It seems to take a long time to pop up the message confirmation on my watch but hey, it works so I won't complain. Not sure why it wasn't doing this last night, but glad it is working now!

Thanks for all the help.

4. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

No problem :)

5. Kaser

Kaser New Member

I agree that it takes a long time so I actually use Joao's other project that works with autovoice which is much faster. Here's a video I just made of it:
    As you can see it doesn't give you the option to cancel or anything but I prefer it due to its speed

6. Gwatchkid

Gwatchkid New Member

I simply cannot get this project to recognize any contact names. I tried G+ contact settings, refreshing contacts in AutoContacts, and even deleting and reinstalling the project, but nothing works. I keep getting the same error message. http://i.imgur.com/cLr07Gw.png

7. Kaser

Kaser New Member

So when you go into your phone's contacts, can you see your Google plus contacts in there? I'm talking about the native contacts app

8. Rorschach666

Rorschach666 New Member

Which project do you mean, exactly?
    This profile not working at my case; when I say "Send message to some name", on the watch opens up web search result :/

9. Kaser

Kaser New Member

The project is called Touchless Hangouts. If you go to auto apps and go to projects you'll find it in there. It creates a new project in tasker and I've turned off the top 3 profiles in it (which read the message out loud and ask you if you want to respond via voice) . I just use the last one which initiates messages. And I had to change one of the actions in it where it pastes the message to the "write" action instead. Let me know how it goes and if you need more help.

10. Gwatchkid

Gwatchkid New Member

I realized you had to add those contacts to your circles...thanks

11. Gwatchkid

Gwatchkid New Member

You should upload that tasker project so we can just import it