AutoVoice AutoVoice account is not linked yet

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ron Parker, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

AutoVoice on galaxy s8. Installed and integrated with Google Now. Accessibility ticked ON in settings. When I say "OK, Google, use AutoVoice" or just "AutoVoice" Google comes back with "It looks like your AutoVoice account is not linked yet." How do I do this?
    Tried to follow these link instructions: https://beebom.com/how-use-autovoice-google-home/
    When I click on hamburger link on Google Home app, I do not see "More services" option. Help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. martyn

martyn New Member

Have you set your phone and Google home to US English?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

Phone is set to us English. No option for language in Google home I have installed.
    What I've been told in another forum is that AutoVoice works fine with Google Now, but does NOT work with Google Assistant. And, Google Assistant has been forced on us Android 7.0 S8 users.

4. martyn

martyn New Member

I can set Google home language. on the phone app Google home, hamburger menu, more settings. I then pick my Google home and change assistant lang to US English.
    Reboot both. Lots of things then started working

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

6. efreese

efreese New Member

I am still unable to get this working. When I follow the steps I get the "link" button. When I touch it I get "Authorizing AutoVoice" screen followed by the: "If authorization is not working for you ..." screen. I copy the link and paste in a new chrome tab on the phone. I get "sending test AutoVoice message to your Android devices..." and then nothing. Suggestions?
    I've uninstalled Google app updates and reinstalled. I've cleared the cache and memory. I don't have a Google Home, but I don't think that's required anymore.
    TIA!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. Oroboros74

Oroboros74 New Member

8. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

The only time I've had a similar problem since successfully linking AutoVoice to Google was when there was a bug in the Google Assistant. I've actually been in the Google beta program since and only have issues occasionally now.

Note that someone else who had a problem with this realized the problem was with another application blocking the link: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/websearch/HwJUpkrHPr4/UxcKdjaLCAAJ

You may also want to try searching the AutoVoice forum on Google+ for a solution: https://plus.google.com/communities...3/stream/fe440951-3773-4349-a6fa-34d478d21aa7

9. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Please let me know if you're still having trouble with this, thanks

10. blarson

blarson New Member

I'm having this same issue now. I was able to link my account initially and everything was working great on Google home and Google assistant. My issues started happening when I tried to link my wife's account and couldn't get past the "if authorization is not working for you..." page. In an effort to get everything running I unlinked my account, and now I can't get anything working.

11. joaomgcd

Do you maybe have multiple accounts on that device?

12. blarson

blarson New Member

I do have multiple accounts on that device. Does that cause problems? I've tried removing the other accounts and starting from the ground up, with no luck. I was able to get my account authorized by clearing data from Chrome and other Google apps, but that only worked for my account. I tried the same thing on my wife's phone, but can't get her autovoice authorized for some reason. I don't know if it's because I was initially logged in under my account maybe. What apps/user data does autovoice use for authorization? I'm really struggling with this one.

13. Yccmal

Yccmal New Member

I am unable to link auto voice through the assistant app. I'll first get a page that says authenticating auto voice, then a second page that said "If authorization is not working for you please open this page in the chrome browser on this device.
    Long click the link to copy, then paste it in the Chrome browser.
    After logging in there try linking your account again."
    I'll copy and paste the link in chrome and it just sits in a page that says "Sending test AutoVoice message to your Android devices..."
    I've installed/reinstalled chrome and the Google app, as well as cleared cache. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  14. blarson

blarson New Member

I spent hours last night getting this to work. What finally worked was clearing all the data from the Chrome and Google. Make sure to reboot your phone before trying to link autovoice. I tried clearing the data many times, but it only worked after reboot. Hopefully that's a reproducible fix, because I tried about every possible combination of clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, and rolling back to old app versions and nothing worked. Just make sure all apps are signed into the exact same Google account (chrome, Google, autovoice, api.Ai, etc.) Clear all the app data, restart your phone, and then try to relink autovoice. It eventually worked for me.

15. Yccmal

Yccmal New Member

Just tried clearing the cache from Google, chrome, play services, autovoice, etc. Restarted and tried again and still nothing. I'll keep at it though

16. joaomgcd

Thanks for posting that @blarson . I really wish I could figure out what's causing this :( I've tried and tried, and it always works correctly for me!

17. blarson

blarson New Member

Unfortunately I'm unable to pin down exactly what fixed my issue, but other things to consider are completely uninstalling the chrome and google apps (they won't actually uninstall, but should roll back all the updates). At that point, clear not just the caches but all the data from those two apps. Restart your phone. Update all the apps back to the most recent versions. Restart for good measure. And then try linking AutoVoice right after logging back in to Google Assistant. Hopefully this helps.
    One question for @joaomgcd ...does the API.AI account need to be the same Google account as AutoVoice and Google Assistant, or could multiple AutoVoice users utilize the same API.AI account for shared commands? This might also be related to the linking issue I was originally having, but I'm not sure.
    Thanks!

18. joaomgcd

Hi @blarson the API.AI account is not related :) As long as you use the correct tokens from there it should work.
    But there's good news for everyone!
    I have recently found a better way to do the authentication needed for account linking, that hopefully will allow things to go more smoothly!
    Google just needs to approve my submission and it should work :)
    Sorry again for all the trouble!