Google Home + android TV + tasker (RM tasker Plugin) + Join + Autoapps

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Malv, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Malv

Malv New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum so please bare with me.
    I'm setting up a smart home system via Google Home assistant, also already bought Tasker and RM plugin from Joaoapps.
    at this moment I'm using my phone as the device using Join App to send command from IFTTT(Assistant+Maker) to my Broadlinky and its working very well BUT sometimes it doesnt work when I did not use it after a long time (example: after overnight sleep). I had to turn everything on (Broadlink E-Control app and Tasker) then it will start sending Toast form the command I've said to Google home minutes before.

So now I'm trying to find a solution with a cheap Android TV box called TX3 Pro Android 6.0 Marshmallow Amlogic S905X 4. Got everything installed (Tasker, Join, RM Tasker Pluggin, E-Control). Eventhough I can send code from the E-control app to my Broadlink, I tried to create task the same way as I setup my phone, but nothing got sent; no toast nothing.

Anyone have any idea what I'm facing right now? Joaoapps please help!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. I'm afraid the RM plugin is not one of mine :) Sorry!

3. Fircyber

Fircyber New Member

but it would be great if you could built integration for Broadlink RM PRO into tasker+iftt+ google assistant/home.
    Broadlink Rm Pro have IR and RF blaster.
    I'm a great avid user of your app...

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@Fircyber if the RM app works correctly the integration should already be possible :)

5. Malv

Malv New Member

@joaomgcd ups sorry! I thought its all belong to your company. My Bad!

Do you suggest to use Android TV Box or Android tablet to be run tasker? Because I'm using a Yotaphone sometimes it doesnt work. I need to wake the apps first. Please help.

6. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

@Malv , you could also try RM Bridge, it is very stable and free.

7. itamar shoshana

itamar shoshana New Member

hello to you all,
    i am new to this world and trying to setup voice activation to control my rm pro. my current setup is
    rm pro + a1 + s1 + samrt switches (generci rf, st2) + somfy motors. all is working via E-control and i want to to use voice control
    with google assistant.
    i also have a spear h96+ android tv box wich i can use.
    can any one help me, video, link to post or a manual. if it is requierd to purches apps i will happly do so.
    just don't know how to get started. my main objectiv is to use the h96+ for this.

10x in advance

itamar

8. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Hi Itamar,
    I have a somehow similar setup and it works like a charm. My intermediate app is RM bridge and it runs 24/7 on my Nvidia Shield TV. The Shield seems to never actually turn off so everything works even when it is suppose to be sleeping.
    The RM Bridge is not the most UI pleasing app, but it has a very useful web interface so the configuration is actually pretty simple.
    If you need any other help, just ask!
    Cheers!

9. itamar shoshana

itamar shoshana New Member

hi daniel,

thank you for your kind answer, i installed RB BRIDGE, how do i carry on? how do i teach google assistant to receive voice commands that activate the rm pro?

10x

itamar

10. beatle1637

beatle1637 New Member

Hello itamar, I've been reading this thread. Did you get it working and if so please share.
    Thankyou in advance

11. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Has any of you two actually tried to configure the RM bridge and Tasker for this to work? Or you're just waiting for somebody else to do it for you?

: smarthome