AutoVoice AutoVoice issues when phone is woken up by "ok google"

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by androiduser99, Jul 24, 2015.

1. androiduser99

androiduser99 New Member

I have no google search/now setup and working "from any screen" and when the phone screen is off (and plugged in). All works good however my AutoVoice profiles don't get triggered when the phone is woken up by "ok google". I hear the beep, the screen comes on, but my AutoVoice commands don't get triggered. If ask what time it is or what the temp is google will tell me so I know the google part is working. I noticed that when triggered from a screen off state the instead of the white panel with the red mic does not show up but instead a "G" in the status bar shows up until the second beep. I tested this on my LG G3 and Samsung Tab S, exact same results. Everything works otherwise.

Hope this is something you can fix.

Thank you!

Varazir likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately AutoVoice needs the screen to be showing the google search you're doing, otherwise it can't know what you're searching for. On my nexus 6 for example, if I say "ok google" with the screen off, the normal search dialog appears and AutoVoice can know what you searched for.
    Sorry, your devices must work a bit differently, unfortunately there's nothing I can do. Sorry!

3. androiduser99

androiduser99 New Member

Thanks for the info. I would however bet that there is something you could do you just have to be willing to try. You make a plugin that can intercept notifications and Google search creates a notification in this case so it's likely a solve-able problem. Considering this is an issue on Samsung devices (and LG) that represents a very large percentage of Android devices as Samsung has the largest Android market share by a very large margin. I would ask you to please reconsider you position on this.

4. joaomgcd

@androiduser99 I would very much like to make it work, believe me. :) It's just that I don't see a way to do it since those phones seem to work differently. What notification do you mean exactly?

5. androiduser99

androiduser99 New Member

There was a Google App update this morning and it's working now on both my LG G3 and Samsung tablet!! The "OK Google" trigger now turns on the screen and pops up the red mic just as if the screen was always on.

6. joaomgcd

7. Schelinek

Schelinek New Member

I got an HTC One M8 with everything updated, not rooted. If I open the cover (an original HTC "dot cover") of the phone everything works fine (doesn't matter if screen is on or off) but if the cover is closed Google Now answers me but not AutoVoice.
    I was hoping to find a workaround but I guess then that there aren't any at the moment. Does the new Marshmallow bring anything that could help this?
    Is it possible in any way to use my Pebble to run a task in Tasker that could force AutoVoice to listen even if the cover is closed?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  8. joaomgcd

Unfortunately AutoVoice needs to be "looking" at the search to know what you searched for. If it can't see it, it doesn't know what you searched for... sorry!

: AutoVoice