AutoRemote Send battery level to another device

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mikee123, Jul 27, 2015.

1. mikee123

mikee123 New Member

Here is what I am trying to do:
    I have a few tablets, and one of them should send its battery level at a fixed time every day to another tablet via autoremote. That then in turn will use the say function to tell me tablet x battery level is x percent. I know how to send messages via autoremote. I have set up battery level checks on other devices, but they only send a autoremote message once the battery level goes below a certain level.
    So the first step would be do get the current battery level into a variable. I guess I could then send the value of that variable to the destination tablet via autoremote. Then I will have to try and retrieve the variable from the message and use it in the say function.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The battery level is available in the %BATT variable in Tasker :)

3. mikee123

mikee123 New Member

Ok that's a good start. I am trying to send this now via autoremote. If I send a message containing %BATT, it looks as if it is sending %BATT rather than the value (I cannot properly test as I am at work and only have one device). How can I send just the value of %BATT ?
    I have read through the manual, and am not sure once I manage to send the value of the variable how I can get that into another variable to be used in further action (say)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  4. joaomgcd

You need to run the Task from Tasker itself. :) Did you do that?

5. mikee123

mikee123 New Member

I just tried again, and its send the number. Maybe it didn't work the first time as its never been used before. But doesn't matter I've got that now. Nearly there... Now, how do I retrieve that number on the device I've sent it to ? For example it has send a message 33. Now I want the receiving device to take 33 and set a variable to 33.

6. joaomgcd

• Send a message like "battery=:=%BATT"
    • on the receiving device setup an AutoRemote profile with the condition "battery=:="
    • In the task your battery level will be in %arcomm
    More info here
    Hope this helps!

7. mikee123

mikee123 New Member

I cannot get the profile to trigger. The message is being received by the Kitchen device, I can see the message arriving.

This is the task from the sending device:

Battery Level (15)

A1: AutoRemote Message [ Configuration:Recipient: Kitchen

Message: battery=:=%BATT Package:com.joaomgcd.autoremote Name:AutoRemote Message Timeout (Seconds):200 ]

this is the profile from the receiving device:

Profile: Battery (123)
    Event: AutoRemote [ Configuration:battery=:= ]
    Enter: Tab S Batter Lvl (122)
    A1: Say [ Text:Tab s battery level %arcomm Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:On Network:Off Continue Task Immediately:Off ]

8. mikee123

mikee123 New Member

I've sent it about 15 or 20 times, it did not work. Then I gave up, and 2 hours later I suddenly hear my tablet announcing the battery level... So without changing anything it has now decided to work when the profile sent the message automatically at the preprogrammed time. Dont understand it but its working. On my other tablet even though autoremote is registered, its not sending messages, but I can receive messages from that tablet. Maybe the same there, just wait a day and it might work... if not will come back and ask how I can fix it (I have lots of tablets and phones all registered on autoremote, but I upgraded Android on that tablet and had to start again and thats causing problems)

9. joaomgcd

The best way to check things is by going into the AutoRemote logs on both devices to make sure you're sending and receiving messages correctly. For example, send that battery message and check in the "Kitchen" device if it receives the message right away.

10. nhmlb23

nhmlb23 New Member

I used Autoremote to do something like this, my problem was on wifi it could take forever to reccive messages on 4G it work right away.
    Another thing is IF you have a Sony device and use Stamina mode(batterysaving mode) i had to exclude Autoremote from Stamina mode so it could send it's message anytime..maybe it can help you some way..

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk