AutoTools Albums

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Jeff Ludlow, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Did you see my setup that I posted above..that's all thru klwp

2. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Yes, it's very nice.
    %Nexttrack is a Global Variable. You should be able to call it like you do with the other GoneMad variables, surely. Sorry, don't know KLWP much.

3. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Ok it's working awesome...I attached a profile which will broadcast hangout notifications from tasker to klwp..could you examine and let me know what I might have to do to broadcast the next song info to klwp...much appreciation

Attached Files:

4. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

That profile is not going to work for me; I don't have Hangouts installed. as for importing it into KLWP, see my reply above your last one.

Edit: Got to go; hope you get it going.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Thanks and enjoy your holidays!!!..again much appreciated

6. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Got everything going my friend and working great..next song is broadcasting to klwp like I wanted..just had to add a klwp variable send into your task and it's working great...now onto how to show all songs from that album lol...I know I know I'm a pain

7. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Hey OB how ya doing hope your holidays were good...I'm having a problem now with the playlists..when I run the task I'm getting an error..any ideas?

Attached Files:

8. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Sorry, Jeff; I completely forgot about this. I only remembered it after seeing you post on João's G+ community.

I don't know where that's going wrong. It could be you named something differently from how you normally do it, or you've got a comma in an album name somewhere - I did warn you this was made spefically for your mad naming setup, and that you wouldn't be able to change it without it breaking. This is why I list all my albums in a JSON 'database' file.

Unfortunately, I removed everything I had set up to create this, as I didn't have my music folders set up like yours. My music is on my SD card, and I created a whole load of stuff on my main storage to build this. I'm not really keen to move it all back again, rename everything, etc.. Really sorry.

Do you still need the query to list the album's playlist? I've got that somewhere.

9. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Hey OB ya it was my fault I did have e an album name screwed up..my bad..ya would love to be able to query the playlist that would be awesome..hope I'm not to troublesome

Thanks jeff

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

I hope you know it was never my intention to do all of this for you; I hoped you would look at the other stuff and figure out how it all works. :)

Anyway, since I'm a nice guy ;), the task XML is linked below.

Here's the breakdown:

A1 is the SQL query that pulls the data from GoneMad's database; this creates an array (playlist()) with the playlist tracks, hopefully, in playing order.

A2 is a Variable Join; that is there to avoid hassle in case any tracks have commas in them. You have the choice of using either in your task; %playlist() is comma separated - %playlist is separated with ### between items (this avoids problems if track names have a comma in them). I'm sure you know what I mean; I, personally use the 2nd one.
    The webscreen at A3 was just to make sure it all worked; you can scrap that if it's only the array you need.

Let me know if it's okay. :)

Playlist SQL (283)
    A1: SQL Query [ Mode:Raw File:/data/data/gonemad.gmmp/databases/gmml.db Table: Columns: Query:SELECT track_name FROM tracks, playlist_table WHERE tracks.song_id = playlist_table.playlist_track_id Selection Parameters: Order By: Output Column Divider: Variable Array:%playlist Use Root:On ]
    A2: Variable Join [ Name:%playlist Joiner:### Delete Parts:Off ]
    A3: AutoTools Web Screen [ Configuration:Screen Preset: Card List
    Display Mode: Overlay
    Source: /storage/emulated/0/AutoTools/cardlist/page.html
    Toast Duration: 5000
    Status Bar Color: #3F51B5
    Background Color: #FFC5CAE9
    Width: 280
    Height: fill
    Gravity: Right
    Animation: Slide In From Right
    Show Duration: 1000
    Hide Duration: 1000
    Close Button: Top Right
    Close On Command: true
    Wait For Command: true
    Title: <font color=white>%MALBUM
    Title Button Commands: cancel
    Search Color: #ffffff
    Filter With Search: true
    Command Prefix: search
    Drawer Width: 80%
    Card Titles: %playlist
    Card Commands: %playlist
    Round Card Icons: true
    Background Color: #3F51B5
    Accent Color: #3F51B5
    Max Card Widths: 96%
    Min Card Widths: 96%
    Max Image Heights: 220
    Title Text Size: 18
    Subtitle Text Size: 22
    Card Padding: 2
    Card Alignment: Top
    Item Separator: ### Timeout (Seconds):300 ]

Attached Files:

11. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Well OB I appreciate it very much..I really do appreciate all the work you've done..not many people would help even..I suck at all this tasker stuff and am not afraid to say it...again thanks very much..I'll give it a try and shout back at ya

12. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

OB working like a charm and that's awesome...haha that's awesome brother,very cool...now what would be cool is if you could tap on a song and it would switch to that one..again thanks much frikken awesome

13. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Guess I should have seen that coming. I assume you mean like I have it in my demo. Okay. :) You need AutoInput for this, btw.

You need to install the Exit Task task first; this exits you out of GoneMad.

Playlist_SQL2 task should do the trick; you should remove the first one I sent. Tapping a track name should work some magic. Don't run it while still in Tasker the Exit Task task will mess things up.

My wife just said to me, "I thought you didn't do things like this." She means do it all instead of just giving hints & tips; so, you're on your own now. If it works, we're done here; you're on your own to work out how it all works.

This will work while music is currently playing, or not. Let me know if it works okay. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  14. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Working awesome OB...again sorry for all the hassle and tell ur wife I'm sorry also for taking up your time...just one last question..the number signs in the playlist task..are they needed ,just asking g because when I try and send the info to klwp it is actually showing the number signs along with the track titles...wondering if I could delete them?..
    Thanks again appreciate your help all this time

15. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Number signs? Not sure what you mean. Do you mean these ###? I'm using that as a separator for the items in the array. They don't show up in the webscreen; it's only a separator.

You could use the array %playlists(), but the task will break if any titles have commas in them; that's why I have the Variable Join action in the Task.

You got a picture?

16. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Yup this is what it looks like when I put it in klwp or even trying to use material design plugin instead of a web screen...material design plugin has lots of options for text color,background etc..like it better than the webscreen design cause of the cards...the pics are what it looks like in klwp when displayed[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

I can't really keep rewriting this for stuff I'm not using, Jeff. However, in the Material Design Plugin, you need to remember to change the separator (in Advanced) from , to ###, or use %playlist() instead of %playlist; then it should work.

Another option may be to use a linebreak as a Join.

I really have no idea about how KLWP handles Tasker variables/arrays, so you're on you're own there.

18. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Ok thanks OB appreciate it..I will fiddle around with it

19. Bettuccio

Bettuccio New Member

Hi everyone, I created a simple profile with autotools that when I activate an audio track tells me the name of the song through the toast but now how do I make the image of the current album appear? Be very experienced at Tasker. I do not.

: Autotools