Solved Bug: Mic reappears in Mac menu bar even though Voice Control is disabled in Chrome extension

Discussion in 'Join' started by usn.mustanger, Mar 28, 2017.

1. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger New Member

I currently have Join Voice Control disabled. However, every time I get a new notification, the little microphone indicating Join Voice Control is active reappears in the menu bar. The icon then disappears when I click the Join extension's icon in Chrome.
    My concern is that somehow Voice control is being surreptitiously reenabled in the background, at least temporarily. I know I remember seeing this brought up on the G+ community a while back, but I can't find that post now. I'm just posting here to report that this problem still exists.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, that has been reported and I'll have to take a look at it again! Thanks!

3. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger New Member

4. JoinSupporter

JoinSupporter New Member

Hello, thanks for your response on this, João. Just wanted to chime in and let you know I am having this trouble as well, except I am on Windows 10. Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133. Join version 1.5.10. The icon disappears when I click on the Join extension from the Chrome toolbar. upload_2017-4-5_23-33-27.png

5. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger New Member

@joaomgcd , it's been a couple of months and I'm still seeing this... any luck on figuring it out? This is becoming a major issue for me, as I don't like any apps using my mic without my permission, and even though I've turned off voice control in Join settings, if there's a bug causing it to still use the mic, I'm going to have to stop using Join, which I REALLY don't want to do! :(Hopefully you can get it figured out soon!

6. joaomgcd

Sorry, I haven't had the chance to go to a mac and try to figure out why this happens yet. I'll try to do this soon! Please don't give up on Join! Sorry for the delay!

usn.mustanger likes this.
  7. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger New Member

3 months later...any luck with this?

8. joaomgcd

Sorry, not yet,.. and yeah now I feel bad, didn't realize it was 3 months already, sorry! I'll try to get on it!

9. joaomgcd

Sorry for the long delay. Hopefully it's fixed now!