Open SMS not syncing correctly on Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Join' started by Qwerty, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Qwerty

Qwerty New Member

Yes the chrome notifications worked properly. However, the issue with the messages disappearing still remains when I try to view it under the SMS/Phone tab

2. Scott Goldthwaite

Scott Goldthwaite New Member

I'm have the same syncing problem with chrome. If I go to devices and select "Send an SMS Message" it does sync after that. Seems like that shouldn't be necessary.
    In my case I wrote the the text message in the chrome extension, and it did go out over my phone, but the message then disappeared from the chrome extension. It only reappeared after I went to Devices > Send an SMS Message.

3. toddmax

toddmax New Member

Similar issues here. Syncing between the phone and the Chrome extension only ends up with the Contact's messages on the phone and my messages appearing in the Extension window.
    Any problem-solving insights would be appreciated for this, as I'd love to have the app and the extension working so all messages are syncing across all devices. I've checked and rechecked that all settings are enabled, turned them off and on again, with no luck.

4. Sarc

Sarc New Member

I think I'm running into this problem. Maybe it's a lag time between my phone updating messages on Google Drive and trying to sync it in Chrome. Sometimes I don't get the SMS notification in Chrome right away. Other times I do and it shows the message briefly before it disappears. I try to sync messages but it doesn't come back. I've tried turning SMS off and then back on. It re-syncs but then I have no messages. New messages after that still behave the same way. The contact screen shows last messages from each contact but they're old. Going into a conversation shows nothing.

Is there a way to check logs to see if I'm synced up?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

6. Sarc

Sarc New Member

When I do get the notification, it appears but the message doesn't stay in the conversation. It disappears and my phone still has the notification. The problem is that the conversation never syncs. It feels like the messages comes in and then Chrome syncs to an older state of the conversation. I'm now at the point where I don't seem to get notifications at all.

I've checked my file on Google Drive and it hasn't synced the last message I sent or the last message received. The Android log shows that it's uploading SMS for the contact but there's no message saying it completed. It still seems like some odd lag with Google Drive. Although, I can send messages from Chrome and it's pretty fast. It's receiving the message that takes a while.

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks again. Can you please check if this is still happening today? Thanks!

8. Sarc

Sarc New Member

It's been better for me the last few days. The messages are coming in and syncing almost immediately. I haven't tried yet on my computer at home but it's been working great while at work.