Open Capturing Join files in Tasker...

Discussion in 'Join' started by mtneerndixie, Sep 13, 2017.

1. mtneerndixie

mtneerndixie New Member

Sorry if this has already been asked but after looking at the files used in Join (sms=:=xxxxxxxx, contacts=:=xxxxxxxx, pushes=:=, etc.) It appears they are already named in a way that would make them easy to capture in Tasker to work with.

Would using a Join event capture context with the part of these files allow this or would using AN be best for intercept? Anyone have an example out there?

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

sorry, but do you mean that you want to look at those files' contents from within Tasker?

3. mtneerndixie

mtneerndixie New Member

I want to use tthe natural name format (sms=:=xxxxxxxxxxxx, pushes=:=xxxxxxxxx, etc.) as if it it was a normal command. The format is already there with xxx=:=xxxxx. These files could be captured like a normal command then the ingredients could be used in tasker to get the sms message, the push message and the contacts to use in different scenarios. (to get the text of a sent message or incoming message or use the contacts file to create a dialog to dial out, without having to use autocontacts or anything else), that's all. I assumed that's why the files were structured like a command message.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Nope, there's no way to capture those in Tasker, sorry. The only thing you can do is download their contents with AutoWeb for example.

They have the =:= separator because that's just a separator I use in different places when I need a unique separator :p Sorry for the confusion!

5. mtneerndixie

mtneerndixie New Member

If I allowed the files to process through Tasker/Join and then sent them back out into Tasker with an AA action. could a context pick them up, maybe?

I think Join is setup perfectly to be able to grab the data as you send it, for example, like to keep my updated contacts list from the contacts=:= json (or whatever type of file is in drive) and also I can grab my out oing texts fairly quickly if I could find a way for this to work.

We need Tasker Pro!!!! No offense.

I'm gonna play around with it. I'll let you know if I have any success. Thanks, again!

: join, files