AutoVoice AutoVoice suddenlly failing access token

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Cartoosi, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Cartoosi

Cartoosi New Member

Pixel XL, AutoVoice Pro. I've had it working flawlessly with Google Assistant for some time now (using shortcuts to add "ask autovoice to"), but suddenly AutoVoice commands say "Access token 1001aa3c91c[......] is not valid. Reboot didn't fix it. I verified that my Pro key is installed so I don't think it's a licensing issue.

I am on Android Oreo and last night it got a security update which I fear may have broken something. Here's the system log message related to the error:
    Response: { "success": true, "userAuthError": false, "kind": "assistant#resourcesItem", "etag": "\"zWvQOWOvPzZXsbbhTaL6HKJvSng/34F0jXIP2OjLgty_jcYyKlgDyvE\""}
    What now? Thank you, and your apps are awesome by the way.

2. Coach

Coach New Member

Same here! I use it with Google Home and the Home speaks out the same error....
    Tuesday no problem, yesterday the error.

3. Matust

Matust New Member

I am getting access token XXXXX is not valid. This is on android 7.1.1 autovoice 3.0.8b. I'm guessing the update has broken something

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry everyone! Can you please try unlinking your AutoVoice accounts in the Google assistant and then re-linking again? Please check here. Thanks in advance!

5. Cartoosi

Cartoosi New Member

Brilliant, unlinking and linking worked. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to even do that though, that other thread is clear as mud. So here are instructions:

Open Google Assistant by hotword or longpressing the home button. Click the little inbox-looking blue icon to the upper right. Scroll down to the productivity section and you should see AutoVoice -- click that. Scroll down to near the bottom of that screen and do "Unlink" next to account status. Then do "Link". Voila, problem solved.

Thanks!

6. Cartoosi

Cartoosi New Member

Note, the little blue icon actually appears to be a drawer now that I look at it closely.

7. joaomgcd

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions @Cartoosi :) I'm glad it works now!

8. Redline

Redline New Member

my autovoice still isn't working. i'm in Canada and my version of assistant doesn't have the blue drawer. it doesn't matter where i look, there isn't a section for productivity where i can unlink/relink the account. please help.

9. joaomgcd

Do you maybe need to update the assistant version on your phone?

10. Redline

Redline New Member

I don't think so.. everything I have is current to what is available. is there another way to unlink the autovoice account?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

11. Redline

Redline New Member

figured it out... The blue drawer isn't available unless the language is set to US English.... I had it set to Canada...
    thanks!!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

12. joaomgcd

Oh, glad you got it! :D