Can't Fix Notifications not being sent while on Dataconnection

Discussion in 'Join' started by Tipa Cristian, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

Hi,

I have acquired 2 join licenses, which I use on 2 separate phones: Galaxy S6 Edge (logged in with GoogleAccount 'Galaxy'), and Allview A5_Duo (with google account 'Alview'). Each phone has its own Join license.
    On Windows, I have Chrome with Join extension installed and logged in with "Galaxy" google account.
    From Galaxy S6 all notifications seems to show fine under my Chrome extension.
    The Allview A5_Duo is configured to share notifications with the other google account(the 'Galaxy' account).
    For a while it kind of worked, meaning that Allview phone was sending notifications to the 'Galaxy' account and I was seing them in Chrome, but ONLY if the Allview phone was connected over a Wifi. When it was on a DataConnection only, it was never sending notifications. I am aware that in Join settings on phone there is an option to enable notifications to be sent also on Data connetions, but the thing is that I don't see this setting on the Allview Phone. On my Galaxy phone its there, I can see it and change it, but on Allview phone the setting is missing (on the Allview phone, in the Settings->Notifications I can see only the section "Local notifications" which has only 1 setting: "Show upload notifications". All the others are missing on that page).

After I played little bit with Chrome Extension, uninstalling, it, reinstalling it, changing accounts, now something got broken and I don't receive notifications at all in Chrome from the AllView phone.

Please advice if there is anything I can do to make the Allview send notifications on my Chrome extension when I am login with the "Galaxy" google account.

Is there any option now to keep a list with calls (same as we keeplist with SMSes)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. What Android version is the Allview device running? thanks!

3. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

Android 4.2.2

4. joaomgcd

Sorry, notification syncing is only available on Android 4.4 or above!

5. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

But it worked :). I was getting all notifications, but only when on Wifi. And suddenly they stopped working. Would be great to have them at least how they were before (on Wifi only)

6. joaomgcd

Maybe you were getting them from a different device? There's no way they were being sent by an Android 4.2 device sorry!

7. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

I was getting them from the 4.2.2 device. But it was thorugh shared devices. So, on Allviewdevice I added in Shared tab another google account (the one on Galaxy), and in my Chrome extension I was getting notifications from both: Galaxy and Allview. I am 100% positive on this. It worked like a charm for few weeks.

8. joaomgcd

But Notification interception for Android apps didn't even exist until 4.3 :) Maybe you mean you were getting SMS messages?

9. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

SMS messages and notification about calls (and if I remembr correctly some battery notifications also). I only care about calls & SMSes. Sorry if I caused confusio n when talking about "notifications". I actually meant to say that I want to receive in Chrome extension popups whenever I receive/send SMS/calls on the Allview phone

10. joaomgcd

Oh, ok, now that makes sense :D thanks for clarifying! So, just to clarify, you want to send SMS notifications from a device with an account to Chrome with a different account? Unfortunately SMS can't be synced between different accounts, sorry!

11. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

But this worked fine for couple of weeks. I was getting each one of them as long as the phone was on Wifi. I always though that Sharing the Allview device to the Galaxy goolge account did the trick.
    So, on my Chrome where I was loged in with my Galaxy account, I was seeying all my devices where I was logged in with my Galaxy google account, and I was also seeying the Allview device (for which I did the sharing to my Galaxy google account). So, on my Chrome I was getting all the SMSes and calls from my both phones. (except from my Allview device when it was on mobile dataconnection)

12. joaomgcd

Maybe you were signed in with the same account on all 3 devices at the time?

13. Tipa Cristian

Tipa Cristian New Member

no. The Allview has its own account, and it was like that always. And only that account is setup on it. On Galaxy and on Chrome I have the "Galaxy" account