AutoWear Can't disable Wifi on AW2.0 with Zenwatch 2

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by tuur, Jul 21, 2017.

1. tuur

tuur New Member

Enabling wifi is no problem, but toggling or disabling it does nothing. I'm using Auto Wear to disconnect my watch when charging, so alternatively a setting to toggle airplane mode on the watch would also be very much appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report! I'll try fixing that ASAP!

3. eDs

eDs New Member

Same on the urbane 2

4. nmyron3983

nmyron3983 New Member

I just joined to report that I am having a very similar issue. I created a toggle screen using AutoWear so I can easily swap things on/off. Bluetooth works great, I am able to flip it on and off without issue. However with my WiFi toggle, if I start with WiFi off I can toggle it on, but tapping the toggle again does not deactivate WiFi.

Can I provide logging or anything that might assist with diagnosis?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the report. Can you please let me know exactly how you're toggling it off?

6. nmyron3983

nmyron3983 New Member

Well I tried a few ways. I had great luck creating a Bluetooth toggle using the "Settings" feature to toggle the state of Bluetooth. So I did the same here, and created a button on a screen, and tied that button to a "Setting" and set it to "Toggle" the WiFi state. This will turn the WiFi on, but will not turn it off. So I then created a pair of buttons, and one "Setting" to enable WiFi, and one to "Disable" WiFi, but again the enable function worked if the WiFi was off, but the disable function did not shut off the WiFi. So I tried the Secure Settings option, and I got my watch hooked up to my laptop and gave the app the permissions suggested in AutoWear and created a secure setting that toggled ''wifi_on". This made no visible change. So I tried the two button approach, one to set the value as an integer to 0 to disable and 1 to enable. Again no change that I could see.

I did some reading too, and from what I could find in the Android API guide, and from what it mentioned the settings lists (Global, Secure and System) are read-only values and most stated they have to be changed by the user in the settings menu. So I am not sure that approach can work at all.

This says Secure Settings are read-only
    https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Secure

These appear to be editable via API
    https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Global

Not sure about these
    https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.System

7. tuur

tuur New Member

This doesn't appear to be fixed yet.

8. Gazp

Gazp New Member

Seems like this is still a problem. Enabling wifi works fine, disabling and toggling don't do anything. Ticwatch E here.