AutoInput Autoinput easy setup problem on LineageOS

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by cesarius, Nov 16, 2017.

1. cesarius

cesarius New Member

Hello,
    I have two identical tablets (Nexus 7 2nd Gen), first with Android 5.1.1 and the second one with LineageOS 7.1.1.
    Although the same Autoinput version is installed on both devices, I get different results when using easy setup for an Autoinput task on the same app (Tomtom for example). On Android 5.1.1 I get Element ID wich works very good for Autoinput tasks. On the LineageOS tablet however, I only get text elements with easy setup which are not quite unique and cause trouble when executing the Tasker Task.
    Is there a fix for this? The weird thing is that if I copy/paste the Element ID from my 5.1.1 task into the 7.1.1 task, it actually works.
    Thanks for your Help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately I never tried Lineage OS myself, sorry :( Is that for the exact same app version on both devices? Maybe the Android version changes the app?

3. cesarius

cesarius New Member

Thank you for your answer.
    Yes exactly same Version v 2.0.6.bf5. Also under root settings exact same Input device: elan-touchscreen.
    In LineageOS gapps nano are installed(only playstore+services). Are there any debug logs that I can share if it helps?

4. joaomgcd

Sorry, I meant the app version of the app you're trying to click on.

5. cesarius

cesarius New Member

Yes it is exactly the same app version. I tried it on different apps not only tomtom that I mentioned above, it is always the same.
    If Autoinput can't "see" the element ID's of the current screen, is there another way to detect them so I can write it down manually in the Autoinput configuration? It would be a workaround for newer tasks.

6. joaomgcd

Unfortunately no, if AutoInput can't see them there's no way to interact with them... :(

7. mark09

mark09 New Member

Hi, I have the very same issue. Here is a screenshot of Easy Setup results after clicking on the Ambient Display setting.

Being LineageOS the most popular ROM for any device, it may be worth investigating.

Thanks

Attached Files:

8. joaomgcd

That seems to be ok @mark09 :) What exactly is wrong in your opinion?