Can't Fix Join and Textra: new message notifications

Discussion in 'Join' started by MattE303, Nov 17, 2017.

1. MattE303

MattE303 New Member

I have no idea if this is a Join issue or a Textra issue, just hoping for a little insight. With my previous texting app (ChompSMS), if I replied to a text message using the Join plugin for Chrome, the message would be treated as "read" on my phone (pulldown notification and app icon badge would go away, etc.) without me having to do anything else. I recently switched to Textra and this no longer happens. If I just acknowledge the message (by clicking "Dismiss" from the Windows system tray notification), it does work correctly, but if I reply to the message as described above, Textra doesn't seem to know about it, and I have to dismiss the notification on my phone manually.
    Is this something I can correct via Settings in either Join or Textra?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That's possible just the way Textra works, sorry :( Nothing I can do to change that unfortunately.

3. MattE303

MattE303 New Member

okay, thanks for clarifying!

4. kinghat

kinghat New Member

in pushbullet it originally would dismiss the text notification on the phone when when you replied to a text with textra installed. then in changed at some point to only dismissing the text notification when you would open the notification on the chrome or windows app regardless if you replied or not. the downside to that was if a new msg came from the same recipient while you were still interacting with that sms window on chrome or windows then it wouldnt dismiss the new text notifications on the phone. not sure if that was clear or not.