AutoNotification Intercept Action Launcher 3 Toast

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Richard Belthoff, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Richard Belthoff

Richard Belthoff New Member

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to use AN to intercept a Toast? I use Action Launcher 3. One of the options is to lock desktop. I'm using Tasker to go home and press the menu key to display the AL3 options menu. I use autoinput to press lock desktop. However, the menu option is a toggle and displays unlock desktop when it's already locked. I can't get autoinput to distinguish the two. It clicks them either way. So I wanted to intercept the toast that says desktop locked or desktop unlocked displayed after selecting a menu element. If it's unlocked I'll repeat the autoinput command to press the menu element again to lock it. I've used autonotification before, but I just can't figure out where to start to intercept a Toast. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Richard Belthoff

BTW, I have toast intercept turned on in accessibility options on my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4. However, I do not see Toast Intercept as an option when I'm trying to enter a Tasker action. And maybe that's my problem? It's more of an event in Tasker than an action? If so, how do I check a Toast in a running Tasker task rather than the profile? Thx

3. Richard Belthoff

I'm replying to myself again. ;-). I noticed that Toast Intercept is only available in Tasker as a Profile feature. I must be going about this the wrong way. How can I watch for Toasts while a Task is running in Tasker? Can I use AutoNotification Query UI? Probably not cause that's not going to look for the Toast message. Maybe I should set up a profile in Tasker that looks for the toast, but only turn it on when I'm using my profile/task to "lock my desktop" in AL3? That way if I change the lock manually, Tasker won't trigger based on the Toast. Of course, I will try this when I get a chance, but if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  4. Oliver

Oliver New Member

Your idea sounds reasonable. Deactivate the profile and reactivate it through the task. In the enter task you can have an action to click second time on the button.

5. Richard Belthoff

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have it working although rather than turning the profile on and off I added a time context because I only want to check for a locked desktop once a day. So, when the first task clicks the button, the second profile reads the toast and fires the task again if necessary.